• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Standard?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GearHead2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I have 4 children, ex wife has custody of 3, I the other 1. I pay child support for the 3 living with her. When my daughter came to live with me, they dropped 1/4 of the support.

I provide the health insurance through payroll deduction for all 4 children. Earnings of ex and I are very similar.

My question, shouldn't my ex wife be responsible for having to help support the daughter living with me? Or is their a double standard?

-GearsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Humusluvr

My question, shouldn't my ex wife be responsible for having to help support the daughter living with me? Or is their a double standard?

-GearsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Don't you answer your own question here?

I have 4 children, ex wife has custody of 3, I the other 1. I pay child support for the 3 living with her. When my daughter came to live with me, they dropped 1/4 of the support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">