• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers License child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rinmud

Currantly Florida. I have not been able to get a steady job in 4 years as a result of the OCSE of Maryland. Last job I had paid 90,000 a year. I had it for 1 and a half years however even though the state was garnishing my wages for 14 months, they suspended my drivers license saying I was in the arrears 2200 dollars which they were collecting additional somes monthly for. So I got canned. I landed 3 other jobs but once they find out about the child support they ask me for my license run it then fire me within a week of starting. I called the administrater she told me that if I get a letter of intent to employ the would grant me a restricted one. I am in the automotive trade they dont like seeing OCSE anywhere, they know the ramifications. And a restricted license is worthless to them.The ex has tried 4 times unsuccesfully to get this shut down. I am currantly trying to get a Puerto Rican license so at least I can get my foot in the door at a job and then they wont have the rite to fire me after a month. They did give me 60 days one time of a lifted suspension but I could not lock a job down quik enough. Help

Isis1

Pay off your arrears, and all this will go away.

You made your first mistake by not paying all your support in a timely manner. Then, you possibly made a mistake by falling further into arearrs by not modifying your payments when you became unemployed. It's a domino effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">