• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping Back Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmr2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband has two children from a previous un-married relationship. When his first child was six months old, him and the ex split (she was pregnant with second).

They went to court and got a child support order for kid #1. After kid #2 was born, she waited over two years to add the second child to the support agreement.

Now my husband has just found out he owes over $5000 to this woman. When he called the state support office, he was told that he could petition to drop the back support.

What can we do? How do we do this? Anyone have any idea???

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband has two children from a previous un-married relationship. When his first child was six months old, him and the ex split (she was pregnant with second).

They went to court and got a child support order for kid #1. After kid #2 was born, she waited over two years to add the second child to the support agreement.

Now my husband has just found out he owes over $5000 to this woman. When he called the state support office, he was told that he could petition to drop the back support.

What can we do? How do we do this? Anyone have any idea???

..is there a reason your husband thinks he shouldn't have been supporting his second child from the get-go?

Please have him sign up. There are going to be questions...and likely he's the one with the answers.

And the little "grin" face?

Yeah. We understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">