• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping a child support case- FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kazza26

Ok, to give the quick version... My sons father and I split up in 2002, got back together 2004, split up again 2005 and got back together recently. We are now going to get married and MAKE this work lol :rolleyes: He has never paid child support so the courts have him as in the arrears 20k. Does anybody know how I can drop the child support case against him? Im afraid that it may cause a big ruckus when we apply for our marriage license and they will somehow come after me for my own money (did that make sense?!) I have researched all over online and have found nothing that pertains to this situation...especially in Florida. While we were apart, I did qualify for public assistance (Medicaid for my son and food stamps off and on) so I am thinking that this may cause some issues as well as we "owe the state" per say. If anybody has any clue what hurdles we may have to jump to be able to get married please advise! Thanks so much :)

Case is in Pinellas County, Florida

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can forgive the amount he owes you and close the case but the state will still want THEIR money from him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">