• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drvers License Revoked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamferre3

Delaware. I will try and make this short as possible. During the first of the year 2005.I was injured at work and as a result I was out of work for most of the year. I had 2 insurance companies who were trying to figure out who would be responsible for paying the bill. It was about 6 months before I finally recieved any payment thru workers comp. as of present I am still limited to what type of employment I can preform. The company that I worked for found a way to let me go and later I had found out thru a co-worker that my supervisor had told him that I was let go because I was too much of a LIABILITY to the company.That said... I pay support for my 2 children that totals $150.oo a week. My income from un-employment after support is $187oo. Back in December I recieved a letter stating that D.C.S.E. was going to suspend my drivers license because I was more than $1.000 in the rears. I went to their office and was told that I would have to sign a payment agreement in order to keep my drivers license. They said this was my only option. I had just been let go from my employer and at this point had not recieved anything thru workers comp. I was let go from my employer in late November and had just started to recieve un-employment. I was told that in this agrrement I would have to pay about $400.00 immediatley. So I went out and borrowed $400.00 and went in the day before they were to suspend my license. When I arrived I spoke to a lady in the license suspension dept. and told her that I was there to pay the $400.00. She told me that she would not be able to see me until the following week. I tried to explained to her this was not an option that I didn't want a suspension on my record. She said she was very busy and that her dept was under staffed and that there were people out sick in her dept. I said I couldn't understand what the problem was but I needed this taken care of that day or I would need some sort of an extension. She said I will make an exception and that we would have to rush thru because she had another appointment in 10 mins. She returned in a couple of mins.with a payment plan agreement and very quickley started to try and explain the details. at this point I was very upset and shaken. I went and signed the payment agreement and not really understanding what I had just done payed and left their office. Last week I recieved a letter saying that I had failed to make an additional payment Feb.16th and that my license would be suspended. I went in the following day and talked to the supervisor of license suspension and asked what was going on and he said that I was supposed to pay an additional $400. I said well I didn't understand this at the time I signed the agreement but with this said I was going to go ahead and pay the additional $400 now. He told me that he wasn't going to accept payment and that they were going to suspend any way. I tried to explain my situation and he told me that everyone has an excuse. I said i wasn't making excuses and that I was a truck driver by trade and taking my license was only going to hurt my chances of finding employment and that this would ultimatley hurt my childrens well being. He said to me not to bring up my children that I was not going to put a guilt trip on him and that my children were not the reason I was there. We argued for about 15mins. and the whole time he kept trying to get me to leave his office. I told him that I felt like I had made a deal with the devil. At this point he got extremley made and said i would have to leave his office that he was not going to stand there and let me call him the Devil ! I apoligized and explained to him I was not calling him the Devil I was using a figure of speech referring to the contract. I asked who could help me keep my license he responded the governer was the only person who could help and that she would not because it would invite a Class Action Lawsuit. Then he asked me if I knew what a Class Action Lawsuit was ? I said yes I do. He said I don't think you do, explain to me what you think one is. I said that what he was implying was that if he was to let me keep my license that everyone who ever had their license suspended thru D.C.S.E. would file a suit against him and his department. I felt like I was being treated like a criminal or someone with less intelligence than someone like his self who I'm sure had extensive state funded training in the high post that he was in charge of. I realized that I was not getting anywhere with this individual and that if I continued that I might get myself into a lot of trouble. With all this said I would like to ad that I am in my childrens lives and that I have worked very hard to stay in their lives. I get them on the weekends and I call them just about every day if they aren't calling me and most of my money goes to thier well being. My question is.... Is there anything I can do to keep my license ???

Last edited:

N

nicetryadmin

Umm.....once I took a look and saw it was ONE big paragraph, I didn't bother. I am sure I am not the only one. Break it up into paragraphs and provide ONLY THE FACTS!!!!

BL

Why don't you file a modification of Child support with the Courts , and see where it leads .

Provide your income and explain your situation and you tried to pay as per agreement , but they refused your payment .

Have all you payment funds available to show the Court , and request that you be allowed to pay up , and your license reinstated .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">