• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DSHS - Full Collection Services Closure Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProgrammerCL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.

Hello, I received a letter from DSHS (FORM 18-370, "Full Collection Services Closure Letter), stating the following:

a. There is no longer a current child support order for your case and the past-due support totals less than $500.00 or is unenforceable under Washington State law.

i. Other: child is now emancipated.

The support order says:

3.13 Termination of Support
Support shall be paid:

X Until the children reaches the age of 18 or as long as the children remain in high school, whichever occurs last, except as otherwise provided below in Paragraph 3:14.

3.14 Post Seconeary Educational Support

X ...support shal continue ... provided that son is enrolled full time in college and getting satisfactory grades.

When I called DSHS, they told me I no longer had an obligation under the current Child Support Order. My son was suppose to graduate back in June, 2011, but didn't, then he went to summer school - goofed off and didn't graduate- again. Now he is enrolled in a school that will help him receive his diploma - same school as summer school.

Does this sound accurate that I have fulfilled the support obligation? I seems reasonable to me because he could purposely fail school to continue receiving support payments.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.

Hello, I received a letter from DSHS (FORM 18-370, "Full Collection Services Closure Letter), stating the following:

a. There is no longer a current child support order for your case and the past-due support totals less than $500.00 or is unenforceable under Washington State law.

i. Other: child is now emancipated.

The support order says:

3.13 Termination of Support
Support shall be paid:

X Until the children reaches the age of 18 or as long as the children remain in high school, whichever occurs last, except as otherwise provided below in Paragraph 3:14.

3.14 Post Seconeary Educational Support

X ...support shal continue ... provided that son is enrolled full time in college and getting satisfactory grades.

When I called DSHS, they told me I no longer had an obligation under the current Child Support Order. My son was suppose to graduate back in June, 2011, but didn't, then he went to summer school - goofed off and didn't graduate- again. Now he is enrolled in a school that will help him receive his diploma - same school as summer school.

Does this sound accurate that I have fulfilled the support obligation? I seems reasonable to me because he could purposely fail school to continue receiving support payments.

If you have paid everything you owe then you have fulfilled your obligation.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It actually sounds like you still owe money, but less than $500 and they're not going to go after you for it. Yay you! You scotched the system. Impressive. :rolleyes:

Silverplum

It reads like a form letter to me; it's likely far too soon to "judge" this OP.

It actually sounds like you still owe money, but less than $500 and they're not going to go after you for it. Yay you! You scotched the system. Impressive. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">