• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Effect of getting custody of child on another Child Support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vale007

Florida.

I have 2 children from two different previous relationships. I have recently gotten full custody of my oldest son and do not receive any kind of support from the mother.

I have a younger son whom I've been paying child support to.

Someone told me that the fact that I now have custody of a child and no support paid to me is a factor that could influence the amount of child support that I have to pay for my younger son, as my financial obligation being the custodial parent of my oldest son has changed my financial situation.

Can any of you tell me if this is true or not?
Thanks!

Gracie3787

vale007 said:
Florida.

I have 2 children from two different previous relationships. I have recently gotten full custody of my oldest son and do not receive any kind of support from the mother.

I have a younger son whom I've been paying child support to.

Someone told me that the fact that I now have custody of a child and no support paid to me is a factor that could influence the amount of child support that I have to pay for my younger son, as my financial obligation being the custodial parent of my oldest son has changed my financial situation.

Can any of you tell me if this is true or not?
Thanks!
No, your CS won't go down on the younger child. Florida does however, allow an NCP with other children to have a second job and the income from the second job isn't used to determine CS.

Were you paying CS for the oldest child? If so, have you modified the order to stop the CS?

You really should file for CS from the mother, because it is both parents' duty to financially support thier children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">