• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Egyptian Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ninni

Virginia

I would like to know if anyone's had experience with an Egyptian Divorce Decree. My situation is I have 2 daughters. This year I finally went for child support and initially received and order for $827, he contested that and it went to $727 - no complaints, I can't believe I'm actually getting support!

Well I check on my child support case to make sure everything is good to go and he's once against contesting. I got to thinking, you know what Natalie, you have a divorcee decree that states something about the father will provide full support for the minor children. I just never thought that would stand up in court since we were divorced at the Embassy. I also didn't think about the fact he just received citizenship and had to produce the divorcee decree as legal evidence.

So, my question is two fold; (1) Does anyone know what the specific language is regarding child support on an Egyptian Divorce Decree and (2) Is it possible the judge would go back and make him provide back child support.

My goal is to get the fact across that $727 is not enough but reasonable. In any event, it absolutely can not be reduced and if he (the father) wants to go toe to toe then I'm going for everything - back support, increase of the current order, ev-ery-thing.

One other question. When he became a citizen he changed his last name and now my children have a last name not tied to him. Can I change this relatively easy to my name?

Sorry for the long question but I am self representing and just can not find this information anywhere - state dept, case law, nada.

Silverplum

Virginia

I would like to know if anyone's had experience with an Egyptian Divorce Decree.
No, this site is for US law only.

ninni said:
My situation is I have 2 daughters. This year I finally went for child support and initially received and order for $827, he contested that and it went to $727 - no complaints, I can't believe I'm actually getting support!

Well I check on my child support case to make sure everything is good to go and he's once against contesting. I got to thinking, you know what Natalie, you have a divorcee decree that states something about the father will provide full support for the minor children. I just never thought that would stand up in court since we were divorced at the Embassy. I also didn't think about the fact he just received citizenship and had to produce the divorcee decree as legal evidence.

So, my question is two fold; (1) Does anyone know what the specific language is regarding child support on an Egyptian Divorce Decree and (2) Is it possible the judge would go back and make him provide back child support.

My goal is to get the fact across that $727 is not enough but reasonable. In any event, it absolutely can not be reduced and if he (the father) wants to go toe to toe then I'm going for everything - back support, increase of the current order, ev-ery-thing.

ninni said:
One other question. When he became a citizen he changed his last name and now my children have a last name not tied to him. Can I change this relatively easy to my name?
I would imagine so -- because he changed his name.

He would have to be properly served.

ninni said:
Sorry for the long question but I am self representing and just can not find this information anywhere - state dept, case law, nada.
That's because you're dealing with Egyptian law, not US law.

ninni

Thank you for the response. Do you have any suggestions on where I might find information? Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">