• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GuardianAngel49

Alabama
My son graduated high school early to join the army at 17 yrs old. His mother and I signed consent form for him to join. After being sworn in and off to boot camp about 7-10 days later he was kicked out for getting in the middle of a fight to break it up. They called his case a victim of aggression and he can reenlist in 6 months (august 2016). He became emancipated when he enlisted. When he was kicked out did that make him not emancipated anymore. His mom thinks I should still have to make child support payments to her until he reenlist and has filed for reconsideration of decision since judge has already signed affidavit to cease child support. Does she have a case ??

FlyingRon

Just enlisting in the military does not automatically emancipate you in Alabama. My guess is that if you didn't go to court to get the emancipation, he is not emancipated. I don't by the separation story either. Someone's not telling the hole story. ELS after ten days would be HIGHLY unusual. It's impossible it happened for only one event.

Last edited:

GuardianAngel49

We all went to Montgomery where he was processed and sworn in. He went off to boot camp and after the incident he was sent home and told that he could reenlist in 6 months. I sent all necessary paperwork to the judge and it was signed off on for child support payments to stop. Copies were sent to DHR and custodial parent. So the order I received from the judge you think may be overturned ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">