• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer won't withhold support/dad won't send it in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

My son's father has been working at the same place for almost a year now. I didn't find out about it until about 5 months ago, and he never reported it. I reported it to child support myself and they sent out an order to withhold. Nothing has ever been sent in. I call child support every couple weeks and ask them to find out why. They have called his place of employment 2 times and offered to send them another withholding order because they "lost" the one that was already sent. I think I need to add that he works in his girlfriends family's resteraunt and that I heard they have no intention of sending it in. What can I do?

TinkerBelleLuvr

I am looking at an Ohio Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child and Spousal Support form here:

Remittance Information
An employer must begin withholding no later than the first pay period occurring fourteen (14) businesss days after the date of this Order/Notice. Send payment IMMEDIATELY or within seven (7) businesss days of the paydate/date of withholding.
7 Liability: If you fail to withhold income as the Order/Notice directs, you are liable for both the accumulated amount you should have withheld from the employee's/Obligor's incomeand any other penalties set by State law.
Ohio Law: If the payor fails to comply with this notice, the county Child Support Enforcement Agency will bring an action requesting the court to issue an order requiring the complaince pursuant to Ohio Revised Code section 3121.37 or 3121.371. The payro may be found guilty of contempt of court.
Basically, go to the court house and get said court order. Get it had delivered to the employer. I'm thinking of that form that is used to testify that you affirm that something was delivered. Then be the squeaky wheel on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">