• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

End of child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racerx_00

What is the name of your state? North carolina is where I currently reside

This May 31st my daughter (Brittany) turns 18 and she has elected to attend college away from her mother (whom she resides with in Ft Worth, Texas). My question is...do I continue to pay child support to her mother after she turns 18? Our marriage lasted a year and divorce took place in the state of Montana. And what if Brittany choses to work instead of going to college or elects to stay with her mother? :rolleyes:

Neal1421

racerx_00 said:
What is the name of your state? North carolina is where I currently reside

This May 31st my daughter (Brittany) turns 18 and she has elected to attend college away from her mother (whom she resides with in Ft Worth, Texas). My question is...do I continue to pay child support to her mother after she turns 18? Our marriage lasted a year and divorce took place in the state of Montana. And what if Brittany choses to work instead of going to college or elects to stay with her mother? :rolleyes:
When does your court order say that support is to end? You might want to get that out and check it first.

If you are legally obligated to continue support, it would still go to the mother of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">