• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ending Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Childseyes

What is the name of your state? MO

I have a question regarding something I read on here which is:
Age of Majority in Missouri is 18. Therefore, child support through college years is not required unless there is a stipulation in your divorce decree or child support order.
My husband has a son who will turn 18 in a month. He dropped out of school last fall because he only had 3 high school credits and would have never graduated. My husband has never gotten his visitaions with this child because the mother made it impossible to get him and we ran out of money trying to fight her in court for his rights. Long story short, when the boy turned 17 she "allowed" him to see his father for the first time in 10 long years!!!

The son is taking his GED test next week and wants to go to a Two year Tech School.

My question is since it is not stated in his divorce decree that he has to pay child support thru college years, nor is it stated that he is supposed to pay for college, can the child support be stopped when the boy turns 18?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">