• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? on enforcing child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shari36

What is the name of your state?Oregon
My ? is while the bio dad chooses to exercise is parenting time after nine years and we have reached a parenting plan and custody agreement (I the mother will have sole leagal and sole physical custody)As I have always had.He owes alot of back support. which to this day He does not pay even though he is the one that started the legal action.I have an order through support enforcment agency.Which we all know how swamped they are. Can my attorney also have this enforced through the new parent visitation and custody order? I have read through the final stipulated order and it says nothing about support. On the papers I was served the other parent Was going for joint custody, parenting time and support of the child.Why wouldnt my attorney respond to all that applied ? Yes I will ask my attorney the same? Im just curious and somewhat confused all this legal stuff has taken its toll on the brain. Thanks Shari

Phnx02

shari36 said:
What is the name of your state?Oregon
My ? is while the bio dad chooses to exercise is parenting time after nine years and we have reached a parenting plan and custody agreement (I the mother will have sole leagal and sole physical custody)As I have always had.He owes alot of back support. which to this day He does not pay even though he is the one that started the legal action.I have an order through support enforcment agency.Which we all know how swamped they are. Can my attorney also have this enforced through the new parent visitation and custody order? I have read through the final stipulated order and it says nothing about support. On the papers I was served the other parent Was going for joint custody, parenting time and support of the child.Why wouldnt my attorney respond to all that applied ? Yes I will ask my attorney the same? Im just curious and somewhat confused all this legal stuff has taken its toll on the brain. Thanks Shari
Certainly CS should be addressed at this time.....especially since ex is so far in arrears and you have an attorney! Your attorney can ask the judge to enforce the old order....possibly garnish his wages.....you could even ask for a modification for a possible increase. Don't let this fall to the way side......your attorney should have addressed this a long time ago....that's what you're paying him for! Call him/her tomorrow and demand this be included.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">