• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcing cs order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scoobydoo1

What is the name of your state? NM

Can i fax a copy of the court order to my ex's place of employment? The order says he is to pay me directly, which is not happening. He owes me over 15,000 in back support. I'm even willing to waive the back support if he will step up and start paying current. Didn't know if legally i can send a copy to his employer so that they can see he is suppose to be paying child support. Hope that makes since?????

TinkerBelleLuvr

You should have your child support order changed so that the CSE can send a garnishment order to the employer. Or (help someone) - not sure if you can do a garnishment ...

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? NM

Can i fax a copy of the court order to my ex's place of employment? The order says he is to pay me directly, which is not happening. He owes me over 15,000 in back support. I'm even willing to waive the back support if he will step up and start paying current. Didn't know if legally i can send a copy to his employer so that they can see he is suppose to be paying child support. Hope that makes since?????
his employer can't force him to write you a check, you should petition the court to have cs done through wage garnishment with an additional amount garnished to go towards arrears

scoobydoo1

How do i do that? I live in NM he lives in MN. The oder was established in MN i've been going online to try to find info on how to change the order from direct pay to the garnishment and to add the arrears. Can you belive i offered to him to waive all back support if he would start paying current and he wants me to lower his amount. He is ordered to pay 550 per month for 3 kids. He lives at home with his mom pays no bills there and makes like $15 per hour. So any way had to vent a little anyone know how i can do this?

LdiJ

How do i do that? I live in NM he lives in MN. The oder was established in MN i've been going online to try to find info on how to change the order from direct pay to the garnishment and to add the arrears. Can you belive i offered to him to waive all back support if he would start paying current and he wants me to lower his amount. He is ordered to pay 550 per month for 3 kids. He lives at home with his mom pays no bills there and makes like $15 per hour. So any way had to vent a little anyone know how i can do this?
Go see your local child support enforcement agency. They may be able to help you.

scoobydoo1

Have to apologize

This may sound stupid i posted earlier about how to enforce child support and dogged on my ex which accomplishes nothing. So ya, you reap what you sew.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">