• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcing existing child support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aconn4

North Carolina (only U.S. law)?

:mad: My ex owes about $5600 and trying to get someone to enforce this is like walking to the moon. I recently attempted to apply to "Child Support Enforcement" and followed the instructions that were given to me and all the papers were return this past weekend with a letter scheduling an appointment for an interview. It also included a LONG list of things I have to bring in order for them to proceed. There is an EXISTING order, why do I have to do this again? I have been doing this for 12 years and I am so fed up with trying to get my ex to pay. I am willing to do the leg work AGAIN, I really don't mind but I have being doing it since the beginning and I don't understand why it takes so much to get help. I sent a spreadsheet showing the payment history for the past 2 years and provided back up documentation. Why isn't anyone making him Interview and do any leg work...

proud_parent

North Carolina (only U.S. law)?

:mad: My ex owes about $5600 and trying to get someone to enforce this is like walking to the moon. I recently attempted to apply to "Child Support Enforcement" and followed the instructions that were given to me and all the papers were return this past weekend with a letter scheduling an appointment for an interview. It also included a LONG list of things I have to bring in order for them to proceed. There is an EXISTING order, why do I have to do this again? I have been doing this for 12 years and I am so fed up with trying to get my ex to pay. I am willing to do the leg work AGAIN, I really don't mind but I have being doing it since the beginning and I don't understand why it takes so much to get help. I sent a spreadsheet showing the payment history for the past 2 years and provided back up documentation. Why isn't anyone making him Interview and do any leg work...
Many of us have walked in the same shoes and share your frustrations. There are some here who are owed many times the amount of support that you are.

That said, what is your legal question? Or are you just here to complain about the CSE process and your ex?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Many of us have walked in the same shoes and share your frustrations. There are some here who are owed many times the amount of support that you are.

That said, what is your legal question? Or are you just here to complain about the CSE process and your ex?
Absolutely true...I am owed 20 times as much as our OP.

aconn4

response

I guess I am looking for advice... I know $5600 isn't much to some people, but it is to me. I have 4 kids, one of which has to take medication daily...I do work full time so I am not looking for EXTRA cash, he should help take care of his kids. So to clear up any confusion, in reading my rants! Can anyone suggest how to proceed...I seem to keep running into walls.!!

Silverplum

I guess I am looking for advice... I know $5600 isn't much to some people, but it is to me. I have 4 kids, one of which has to take medication daily...I do work full time so I am not looking for EXTRA cash, he should help take care of his kids. So to clear up any confusion, in reading my rants! Can anyone suggest how to proceed...I seem to keep running into walls.!!
Do the legwork they require.

Good luck to you and your family. :)

fairisfair

file the petition to enforce yourself.

You don't have to have Child support Enforcement do it for you. You have the same rights as anyone else, whether or not they (CSE) are involved in your case. You are basicallly doing all of the work already, the only other thing will be filing the petition and service to the parties.

By the way, check your state statutes, it is quite probable that you will need to serve CSE as a party to the case.

aconn4

response

thank you for your comments, I guess your right...I have been doing the leg work all along anyways, at least I know it's being done when I do it..lol

One last thing....I have 3 forms and I assume the end result is the same, but which do I use. 1-Motion and Order to Show Cause for Failure to Comply with Order in Child Support Action, 2-Motion for Contempt, 3-Motion to Show Cause.

Again, thank you all for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">