• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Establishing True Paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DestinyAlaysia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Eleven years ago my father signed a paternity establishment acknowledging that he was the father of my brother. At the time the woman that he had the baby by was still married to her husband and carried his last name. He was led to believe the child was his. He has for years been fighting to get a paternity test because there is new evidence that could possibly confirm the child is not his. When petitioning the court he is being told it is not in the best interest of the child to have this paternity test done. He is currently paying $1600 a month in child support. Please advise as to how we can correct this situation.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Eleven years ago my father signed a paternity establishment acknowledging that he was the father of my brother. At the time the woman that he had the baby by was still married to her husband and carried his last name. He was led to believe the child was his. He has for years been fighting to get a paternity test because there is new evidence that could possibly confirm the child is not his. When petitioning the court he is being told it is not in the best interest of the child to have this paternity test done. He is currently paying $1600 a month in child support. Please advise as to how we can correct this situation.

I'm sorry, but the court has already determined that not only is your father the legal father of your brother, but more importantly an attempt to disestablish paternity is not in the child's best interest.

The court has made its decision. The matter is concluded.

mistoffolees

I'm sorry, but the court has already determined that not only is your father the legal father of your brother, but more importantly an attempt to disestablish paternity is not in the child's best interest.

The court has made its decision. The matter is concluded.
And even if it wasn't, "WE" can't do anything. Only Dad could do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">