• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence question in a contempt case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OrangeButterCat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
The father of my daughter lives in Montana and has not paid child support in 2 yrs. The arrears are now up to 11,000 because he claims he is not working. He and his wife own their own company and have put everything (home, license, income tax, etc.) in the wife's name. I sent the website of their company to my case worker, only to find out what they really need to see is proof of income. I began planning to file contempt by myself, I found many testimonials on the internet (including their own company website) thanking husband and wife by name for work done by the company. I sent all of this in to my case worker and luckily this was enough proof for the state of Montana to begin filing contempt against the "owner" of the company. The wife uses her maiden name a lot and I'm unsure the fact that, the two share the income of the company will come to light, unless their marriage is a known factor in the case. Would any of you have any particular insight on this issue? Would it be helpful for me to send in any or all proof that the are married?
Thank You:)

Silverplum

Please don't create a new thread for each new question.

Keep all of your CS questions in one of your previous (recent) threads. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">