• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Claims Fraud Back Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

espnwidow

What is the name of your state?Indiana/Wisconsin
The divorce decree (issued in IN) states all support payments are to be made direct to exwife. I have pd her since the date of divorce (have receipts from her and cancled cks to prove). she moved to WI (where i reside) for over 3 yrs then left in the middle of the night back to indiana. I filed for custody and contmpt of court order. In her anger she had a friend in Indiana child support division that flaged my file as being 42000 in back support. she was court ordered to have this removed because she admitted it was not true. she has not done this and tells me she is doing me a favor by clearing my name of such lies she fabrocated.

Is there any way i can bring charges against her for filing a false back support claim? Is there a way I can bring chrgs against the 'friend' in the agency that put the $$ in there to begin with. The $$ were put in their system without a court hearing, without giving me an opportunity to prove otherwise and the original court order states that the support division is to have NO involvement with the payment of child support (yeah i know it was weird but this is how she wanted it)

I have since been awarded custody of the child in WI and WI has been shown to be the home state. Which state would i even begin to bring charges against her in regarding the false claim?

ENASNI

why?

"The $$ were put in their system without a court hearing"
From your post

Its taken care of, you just want to file charges to get back at her.
You have custody... you want blood too?

Are you mad she has a boyfriend now? (other post in taxes)
Get on with your life.
Take care of your kid.

espnwidow

no it has not been taken care of - she was court ordered to rectify this and she refuses. that is my problem, i am trying to find out how i can get this taken care of and hold her and the 'friend' responsible for their false allegations. i hold a legal license which is in jepordy. as far as getting blood no - if this is not taken care of i lose my tax return, my license, my excellant credit standing plus so much more etc....

also, not sure why you asked about boyfriend - i am very happily married with 3 children to include the one in reference. boyfriend has nothing to do with this issue. ex wife is angry because i am married and that is why she is doing all this. she feels i should still pay all her living expenses etc (per call from her last night)

you say get on with your life - i am trying to.. this is the only issue i am trying to get cleaned up.

stepmom65

ENASNI said:
"The $$ were put in their system without a court hearing"
From your post

Its taken care of, you just want to file charges to get back at her.
You have custody... you want blood too?

Are you mad she has a boyfriend now? (other post in taxes)
Get on with your life.
Take care of your kid.
Geezzz...you're tough!!

Espnwidow: You go and put the screws to your X and her friend....good luck.

Venus05

Yeah, take care of your kid..

stepmom65 said:
Geezzz...you're tough!!

Stepmom, she is not tough..She is simply an immature little girl who holds allot of nothing more than pure ignorance within. You know the stereotype who gets off in life by making others lives miserable....No legal significance ...only sticking the screws. If she were my daugher, I would kick her ass sideways and teach her some real lessons in life...Lucky for her I'm not. grrrrrrrrrrrrr...................and yes, espnwidow, take care of your child!!

ENASNI

Oppsadaisy

stepmom65 said:
Geezzz...you're tough!!

:( I Am being a little tough today... getting a bit cynical..
As Carl the cop would say... Not enough coffee. Read the post too fast :)
No hard feelings ESPN widow? (like that name by the way) :eek:

As for you Venus05... um never mind... not worth it
Well... except appreciate you using spellcheck but "a lot" is two words...
so when it brings up "allot" when you check...its wrong. That has just been
bugging me in your posts.

Last edited:

espnwidow

No hard feelings-

no hard feelings - just trying to clear my name of wrong doing. unfortunately, it seems that "the mother is always right" when it comes to certain states and it is very clear that she is in the wrong in many ways (as some may have seen what she did w/tax returns). she has indicated she will do anything she can to 'screw me' which she appears to be doing a fine job of it and getting the support of the state to do it.

i guess i was just looking for someone else with some input as to any legal remedies i may have against all the false allegations she has trumped up. I am just trying to protect my family, my professional license, my credit history, and everything else her false claim has now put in jepordy or has already damaged. I have searched high and low regarding this but it seems that the only thing anyone is concerned on is if child support wasnt paid and the deadbeat parent. this is really of a much more complicated matter cause in this case i have paid my child support, paid all medical bills (even though she was to pay 1/2), paid for some of her household bills (so my son would not have to go without heat/electricity), loaned her money to buy food etc. (yes i have copies of those checks etc also.)and she turns around and files a false charge against me regarding child support because she was angry. Hmm guess some of are just damned if we do and damned if we dont - what do you do?

Just thought there may be a way that I can protect myself and my family while pushing her to correct her wrongdoings as she is court ordered to do. And no, filing a contempt order on her has not helped.

Venus05

A Lot

ENASNI said:
:( I Am being a little tough today... getting a bit cynical..
As Carl the cop would say... Not enough coffee. Read the post too fast :)
No hard feelings ESPN widow? (like that name by the way) :eek:

As for you Venus05... um never mind... not worth it
Well... except appreciate you using spellcheck but "a lot" is two words...
so when it brings up "allot" when you check...its wrong. That has just been
bugging me in your posts.
Enasni, I always spelled it a lot, but a g/f got me into the habit of "allot" Sorry for causing the peeve and I'll go back to using "a lot".

and as far as not being worth it..Honey, I am worth "it" and then some! You seem to put too much into things here that you have absolutely no knowledge of.

LdiJ

espnwidow said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana/Wisconsin
The divorce decree (issued in IN) states all support payments are to be made direct to exwife. I have pd her since the date of divorce (have receipts from her and cancled cks to prove). she moved to WI (where i reside) for over 3 yrs then left in the middle of the night back to indiana. I filed for custody and contmpt of court order. In her anger she had a friend in Indiana child support division that flaged my file as being 42000 in back support. she was court ordered to have this removed because she admitted it was not true. she has not done this and tells me she is doing me a favor by clearing my name of such lies she fabrocated.

Is there any way i can bring charges against her for filing a false back support claim? Is there a way I can bring chrgs against the 'friend' in the agency that put the $$ in there to begin with. The $$ were put in their system without a court hearing, without giving me an opportunity to prove otherwise and the original court order states that the support division is to have NO involvement with the payment of child support (yeah i know it was weird but this is how she wanted it)

I have since been awarded custody of the child in WI and WI has been shown to be the home state. Which state would i even begin to bring charges against her in regarding the false claim?
I understand that you want this stuff cleared up...but trying to put your child's mother in jail in retaliation may not be the best thing for your child. If mom was ordered to get it removed, or there is a court order stating that it is to be removed, then get an attorney in Indiana to take care of it for you.

Rushia

Venus05 said:
You seem to put too much into things here that you have absolutely no knowledge of.
You don't have a lot of room to talk here honey.

To the OP, Ldij is right, you will most likely have to hire an attorney to take care of it. Lucky for me, where I am in NY, I can walk right across the street and it gets taken care of ASAP, go to court, give CSU the order and it's done.

Venus05

Rushia said:
You don't have a lot of room to talk here honey.
Oh but I do, believe me I do....Once again, some of you people do not have any knowledge about anything and sound like the horses ass.

To the OP, Ldij is right, you will most likely have to hire an attorney to take care of it. Lucky for me, where I am in NY, I can walk right across the street and it gets taken care of ASAP, go to court, give CSU the order and it's done.
espn, pay no attention to the irrational behavior on this forum and you have my apoligies. A dear friend of of mine is going through the same thing you are right now so I know how you feel. Please hire an attorney and supply him/her with all of the facts and documentation you have to support your dispute. At least you will have some peace of mind.

nextwife

LdiJ said:
trying to put your child's mother in jail in retaliation may not be the best thing for your child. .
https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=846087

LdiJ said:
Texas has been known to jail parents for non-payment of child support...and if there is no other way to collect from him, a judge might very well do that.
I agree with getting an attorney.

Why the hesitancy to have a mom jailed for a $42,000 fraud, but an encouragment to jail a dad over $10,000?

espnwidow

I have to agree with Nextwife. Why does it seem that it is ok to send a noncustodial parent to jail for not paying but it is ok for the custodial parent to lie. Maybe this is why so many people are having such a difficult time with their ex's and the crap they get away with. It is unfortunate that some people know how to make a mockery of the system and some systems make a mockery of the people.

I did speak with our lawyer again today regarding this - unfortunately there is nothing we can do right now. We just have to wait it out :confused: I guess that is an easier said than done issue. We will continue to fight the support division and if necessary I will have to copy every single check she cashed, every receipt I received from their clerk of court and every paper she signed to prove that this was paid (shame I have to cut down a forest to do it.)

There really should be something put into place that protects the innocent as well as protecting the children. Unfortunately, it does not appear the states are concerned about all the extra work they are required to do in order to weed thru the bogus crap. Time would be better spent going after the "true" deadbeats and punishing the ones who make false allegations. Just think how much nicer this system would work. You may not have so many ex's (male and female) trying to 'fool' the system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">