• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX hasnt paid back support thats overdue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorgrlntx

What is the name of your state? Texas
The judge ruled that my ex-husband pay 5 months back child support by the 30th of May if my daughter graduated either on or before that date, which she did. She graduated on the 27th of May and I sent him an announcement prior to her graduation. This is the 4th of June and I still haven't received the money. What recourse do I have and who do I contact in order to get the money that he was supposed to pay by the 30th of May? I would prefer not to have to pay more lawyer fees to get this done.

BelizeBreeze

gatorgrlntx said:
The judge ruled that my ex-husband pay 5 months back child support by the 30th of May if my daughter graduated either on or before that date, which she did. She graduated on the 27th of May and I sent him an announcement prior to her graduation. This is the 4th of June and I still haven't received the money. What recourse do I have and who do I contact in order to get the money that he was supposed to pay by the 30th of May? I would prefer not to have to pay more lawyer fees to get this done.
FIVE DAYS?
give me a break.:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gatorgrlntx said:
You an always file contempt of court pro se. However if he pays before it gets to court you are going to look like an idiot and the judge is going to say, "Cool. He brought himself into compliance with the order. Not in contempt any longer. Have a good day. Court costs to plaintiff." Give him a bit more than five days and then decide whether or not to file.

gatorgrlntx

Just didnt know who to contact

I realize it has only been 5 days and the short time period wasn't the issue. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I just wanted to know who do I contact if he doesn't pay and how long is sufficient time to let it go for before I do take action?

GrowUp!

gatorgrlntx said:
I realize it has only been 5 days and the short time period wasn't the issue. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I just wanted to know who do I contact if he doesn't pay and how long is sufficient time to let it go for before I do take action?
And if he pays through the CSEA, they have a specific amount of time to dispense it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">