• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex hiding income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rufie

What is the name of your state?
Live in Ca.

Ex is having company pay his girlfriend monthly for some of his earnings. Company is claiming Chapter 11 and in paperwork I found checks being written to her by the CEO. I have claimed something was going on to the Child support Services because he claims to make $50,000 the lowest in 10 years. Last job was $125,000.00. Will we be able to Subpeona her bank records since I have proof she is involved in aiding him? He probably does not have one open due to the IRS taking money out (Due to not filing for 3 years)Now being Audited!!

I was told by the kids that the Company pays for his family car , company car
and his house payment.

Child Support Services seems to step away from this type of thing. Obviously $50,000.00 of arrears. Need a Jump Start!!

Rufie

No, She does not..
She has four kids from different fathers and stays home with them and baby sits two other kids. There is alot more to this. Father(Ex) has stopped paying support all together in October and Company claims he was Terminated . Although , still going to work and calling kids from that work jumber (Caller ID) . He states he is working for free while Chapter 11 is going on. Medical Insurance is still being paid by Comapny on the kids and he is still driving Co. Car.

Its a big mess and he is spending money like crazy right now becuase not paying child support.

Infact if she said she was a consultant an we find checks from 2002 and 2003 and she did not claim a 1099 (Which I have there tax forms)Then we have caught them in another lie

Rufie

ca
Another Thing is the Checks that are being written are not Payroll Checks!!
They are personal from the CEO of the Company .

S

somedude

What SHE is doing is none of your business. This involves YOU and YOUR EX.

LdiJ

Rufie said:
ca
Another Thing is the Checks that are being written are not Payroll Checks!!
They are personal from the CEO of the Company .
Unfortunately this is something that is complicated enough that no one here is really going to be able to help you.

You need an attorney, and the attorney will probably also have to involve an accountant in order to handle this.

At a minimum there is going to need to be a supeona for company records in order to sort this out....some of those records may not be available to you...only a local attorney would know.

nextwife

Rufie said:
I was told by the kids that the Company pays for his family car , company car and his house payment.
Rufie said:
Another Thing is the Checks that are being written are not Payroll Checks!! They are personal from the CEO of the Company .
I'm curious how you can possibly know this. How does one's child know that a car or house payment is made by a company? How can you know his wife gets checks and who they are from?

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

nextwife said:
I'm curious how you can possibly know this. How does one's child know that a car or house payment is made by a company? How can you know his wife gets checeks and who they are from?
Not to mention what the checks are for. We don't know if she works in some capacity for this company, as a consultant or some other such thing.

And like someone already said, this is between the poster and her ex, not the new wife. She is not legally liable to pay support to any kids that are not hers.

Rufie

By filing Chapter 11 I found many Wonderful lies. It's all in there !! It sound like some of you are not familiar with what type of finance information you can find in a bankruptcy.

What his girlfriend is doing is aiding in Evasion on Child Support along with the Company . I go to Court Monday and will see what I can do with Contempt. Hope it is the Judge that told him to grow up and support his kids 3 years ago.

I Don't care what my kids father and his girlfriend make there money as long as he contributes to the kids living expenses.

Unfortunately my husband of 7 years make very good money and this his my EX's reason for not feeling guilty for paying support.

Rufie

my last reply was incorrect do to typing to fast!!

Excuse me, New husband income is the reason for Ex NOT to pay Support.

Kids are 15 1/2 and 16 1/2 these kids are told by there Father everything that really is none of there business. It is a way to coax two great kids to the wrong side with him. It does not seem to be working so far. So proud of them!! I guess support problems are nothing when you know your kids are being raised as good people!! I have to remind myself everday to be thankful for what we have. So venting session is over!!

S

somedude

Rufie said:
By filing Chapter 11 I found many Wonderful lies. It's all in there !! It sound like some of you are not familiar with what type of finance information you can find in a bankruptcy.[/q]

You're right because we haven't BEEN BANKRUPT!!

[Q]What his girlfriend is doing is aiding in Evasion on Child Support along with the Company . I go to Court Monday and will see what I can do with Contempt. Hope it is the Judge that told him to grow up and support his kids 3 years ago.

I Don't care what my kids father and his girlfriend make there money as long as he contributes to the kids living expenses.[/Q]

What part of "what SHE is doing is NONE of your business?" Honestly, you sound like a bitter ex. Then you go on to make a statement that contradicts yourself with the "I don't care what my kids' facther and his girlfriend...".

Huh?

If you don't care, then this wouldn't be an issue with you. It sounds like you are going on a bunch of assumptions with no -- if any --actual proof. Or, as someone stated, you work for the company in some aspect to have this kind of information.

Get ready to spend some of YOUR $$$ doing this. It's not as easy as you might think it is.

LdiJ

somedude said:
Rufie said:
By filing Chapter 11 I found many Wonderful lies. It's all in there !! It sound like some of you are not familiar with what type of finance information you can find in a bankruptcy.[/q]

You're right because we haven't BEEN BANKRUPT!!

[Q]What his girlfriend is doing is aiding in Evasion on Child Support along with the Company . I go to Court Monday and will see what I can do with Contempt. Hope it is the Judge that told him to grow up and support his kids 3 years ago.

I Don't care what my kids father and his girlfriend make there money as long as he contributes to the kids living expenses.[/Q]

What part of "what SHE is doing is NONE of your business?" Honestly, you sound like a bitter ex. Then you go on to make a statement that contradicts yourself with the "I don't care what my kids' facther and his girlfriend...".

Huh?

If you don't care, then this wouldn't be an issue with you. It sounds like you are going on a bunch of assumptions with no -- if any --actual proof. Or, as someone stated, you work for the company in some aspect to have this kind of information.

Get ready to spend some of YOUR $$$ doing this. It's not as easy as you might think it is.

I think that you misunderstood her. Her husband's employer is in chapter 11. That information is a public record. Apparently she has pulled that info and has learned things from it....at least that was my understanding of what she posted.

Rufie

Okay , Somedude. I will spell it out real simple!

Ex-Comapny claims he was terminated months ago therefore they stopped CS garnishments!

Ex still goes to the same work, drives the same company car and still carries the same comapny benefits. And answers the same company phone number

Follow me?

I pulled public records of the COMPANIES Chapter 11 RE org filings from court

They show monies now being paid in the name of his GIRLFRIEND and they are not payroll checks . He states to me he is working for free for the last Three months.(NO HIS GIRLFRIEND DOES NOT WORK THERE) She stays home with 6 kids!
(Wouldn't we all work for free if we could???Yeah!)

The bankruptcy will have many more papers to come becuase judge will not grant it due to MISHANDLEING OF CASH FUNDS, Imagine that.

I'm not an upset EX-I'm an upset MOTHER of two children that are being cheated out some type of help on raising to teenagers.
Easy for me to say ,I understand !Others that have been in the shoes of not receiving support will understand . Somedude you need not understand!!

LdiJ

Rufie said:
Okay , Somedude. I will spell it out real simple!

Ex-Comapny claims he was terminated months ago therefore they stopped CS garnishments!

Ex still goes to the same work, drives the same company car and still carries the same comapny benefits. And answers the same company phone number

Follow me?

I pulled public records of the COMPANIES Chapter 11 RE org filings from court

They show monies now being paid in the name of his GIRLFRIEND and they are not payroll checks . He states to me he is working for free for the last Three months.(NO HIS GIRLFRIEND DOES NOT WORK THERE) She stays home with 6 kids!
(Wouldn't we all work for free if we could???Yeah!)

The bankruptcy will have many more papers to come becuase judge will not grant it due to MISHANDLEING OF CASH FUNDS, Imagine that.

I'm not an upset EX-I'm an upset MOTHER of two children that are being cheated out some type of help on raising to teenagers.
Easy for me to say ,I understand !Others that have been in the shoes of not receiving support will understand . Somedude you need not understand!!
From the perspective of an accountant, it sure sounds to me like the company is doing a LOT of very questionable things with their cash flow, and I agree that its VERY likely to bite them in the butt with this bankruptcy.

I also agree that its very suspicious that they are paying his ex-girlfriend money, when he is working for them "for free" and still has his company benefits. At the same time though it still is possible that she is performing some kind of service for them...but I don't buy it at all.

However the girlfriend is going to be in a world of hurt tax-wise and probably doesn't have a clue. They are going to give her a 1099 at the end of the year (they almost HAVE TO since they are in Chapter 11)...she is going to get hit with a whopping tax bill that she doesn't expect, and it may even mess her up for EIC or anything else that she might normally recieve. She is not going to be a happy camper!

Rufie

Thank you so much for supporting that thought. I do beleive in Karma and somehow this will come back to her. I'm sure the Comapny already thought of some monster excuse. Maybe the judge can continue on unitl after Feb. 2 when 1099's come aand bring it up then. I think this may be the only way to really get them in a position that they cannot lie . I Hope!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">