• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Husband's Current Employment Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindy1850

I live in Arizona.
Ex-husband lives in Colorado.
I was wondering if you know where I could get a free current employment background check on my ex-husband? I would like to take him to court for an increase in childsupport, but the last employment he said he worked at is fake. I don't know what his current pay is and really what I can ask for in court. I'm on Welfare and my daughter is already 15 years old and he barely pays anything. She needs better support and I believe he is working at a good job. He won't tell me anything of course. I'm taking him to court myself. The last time I took him to court on my own back in 2001, I requested past two years of his W-2's, but he never produced them. The court never enforced it either. So really nothing happened. He just had some arrears tacked on to the current support. He's still in arrears. I'm afraid to hire an attorney, because of the huge cost that goes into something like that. Can you assist me? :) cindy1850

Phnx02

cindy1850 said:
I live in Arizona.
Ex-husband lives in Colorado.
I was wondering if you know where I could get a free current employment background check on my ex-husband? I would like to take him to court for an increase in childsupport, but the last employment he said he worked at is fake. I don't know what his current pay is and really what I can ask for in court. I'm on Welfare and my daughter is already 15 years old and he barely pays anything. She needs better support and I believe he is working at a good job. He won't tell me anything of course. I'm taking him to court myself. The last time I took him to court on my own back in 2001, I requested past two years of his W-2's, but he never produced them. The court never enforced it either. So really nothing happened. He just had some arrears tacked on to the current support. He's still in arrears. I'm afraid to hire an attorney, because of the huge cost that goes into something like that. Can you assist me? :) cindy1850
There isn't a company anywhere that will do a FREE background check......but there are plenty that will do it for a fee. More than likely, you will need his SS# to do it. If you are on welfare, more than likely the state CS collection agency has already requested your ex's info from you so the state can get reimbursed. Call them...they will assist you for free in finding your ex and getting a current order.

cindy1850

Gov. CS Office is useless

It will cost me about $150. to do a background check on ex-husbands current employment. (What I found so far).. I was wondering if you knew of another place that would do it cheaper. I have my ex-husband SS#. I'm on AZ welfare, but only medical and they don't take my child support checks from me unless I receive money from DES. So currently I receive my own child support checks. The AZ Gov. Child Support Office only will revile information I already know. They don't do background checks for the Welfare receipents unless you know for sure where the ex-husbands employment is. One year I guessed that he worked for the Air lines in Colorado and the CS office looked it up and it showed he did, but they would not verify it with me exactly where, when, and for how long. The only info I had was the State, and City and for them to check all the Colorado Airline within that city and state.
When I go back to court soon, I would like to some how enforce my ex-husband to revile past W2's/1040's taxes for the last two years. How can I have that done? In the past when I requested this information before we went to court, he never did produce this information. This would be one way of finding out truth about his current employment and current pay and that in the past he lied to the courts where he really worked. I know he is lying where he is currently working at. :( Hope someone can assist me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">