• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex in Jail for FTA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjms43

What is the name of your state? FL/WA

I live in FL. My ex-boyfriend is in jail in Washington for failure to appear (civil contempt) for child support for our 8 year old daughter. He owes $12,000 and says he has not been able to afford payment-- he's only made a few payments in all these years! He can't afford bail (cash). I'm just wondering if anyone knows if he is likely to go to prison, or will they let him out so he can disappear like he already did? Thank you for your opinions.

VeronicaGia

sjms43 said:
What is the name of your state? FL/WA

I live in FL. My ex-boyfriend is in jail in Washington for failure to appear (civil contempt) for child support for our 8 year old daughter. He owes $12,000 and says he has not been able to afford payment-- he's only made a few payments in all these years! He can't afford bail (cash). I'm just wondering if anyone knows if he is likely to go to prison, or will they let him out so he can disappear like he already did? Thank you for your opinions.
The court will likely order some kind of purge amount (such as the bail amount) and if he doesn't pay, he will stay in jail until it gets overcroweded and they kick him out, or if it never gets overcrowded and he doesn't pay, that is where he will stay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">