• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex lying to Housing Authority

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amherst1203

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
My ex is lying to the housing authority to obtain cheaper rent.

What can be done about this?

katie791

I would check with the housing authority because I believe they have to prove their income in order to obtain cheaper rent or subsidized housing. I know when I went to try to see if I qualified, I had to present all these papers only to find out I didn't qualify and trust me, they will find out.

Isis1

I would check with the housing authority because I believe they have to prove their income in order to obtain cheaper rent or subsidized housing. I know when I went to try to see if I qualified, I had to present all these papers only to find out I didn't qualify and trust me, they will find out.
housing is not obligated to follow up on a phone call from a vengeful ex. nor are they obligated to report any results.

amherst1203

First it is my business because it can be shown that they are habitual liars in a court. If you lie to the Housing Authority and it can be proven, their credibility is damaged. (Or am I wrong)

Second it is fraud against a goverment agency.

Third, we are all taxpayers...when someone does this, they are stealing tax dollars.

And this is not a vengful ex...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First it is my business because it can be shown that they are habitual liars in a court. If you lie to the Housing Authority and it can be proven, their credibility is damaged. (Or am I wrong)

Second it is fraud against a goverment agency.

Third, we are all taxpayers...when someone does this, they are stealing tax dollars.
What is YOUR end game?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
My ex is lying to the housing authority to obtain cheaper rent.

What can be done about this?
A housing authority issue is not going to matter in another court matter.

As was stated all official proofs must be provided to the Housing Authority to qualify .

The housing authority has the ability to check on line that the proofs match .

Agencies can cross check with each other .

If the X has income on the side , prove it in your court matter.

Many folks make some extra money on the side living in Gov. subsidized housing with no consequences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">