• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex not providing medical insurance as agreed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nubianmommi

New York Ex supposed to provide medical insurance as stipulated in the divorce agreement, but he is not. How do I enforce?

BelizeBreeze

nubianmommi said:
New York Ex supposed to provide medical insurance as stipulated in the divorce agreement, but he is not. How do I enforce?
Hire a couple of bent-noses to beat the crap out of him.

CandiceH

Go to the family court and file a Motion to Enforce an Order. Do you also have a child support order? If so, does that go through Support and Collections?

IAAL-11

CandiceH said:
Go to the family court and file a Motion to Enforce an Order. Do you also have a child support order? If so, does that go through Support and Collections?

My response:

Yeah, right. By the time that gets heard by the court, the kid will starve, and still be in a 3-year old cast with medical bills piled up on the kitchen table.

There's nothing like the speed that can be provided by a Louisville Slugger baseball bat across the knees to get your point across and to enforce an agreement.

IAAL

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
GrowUp! said:
Then take his medical card out of his wallet and run away! :p
Yeha but you gotta be sneaky about it. because the first time it was used on his child, that would provide proof of who was responsible... you don't want to get caught :D
Okay quite seriously while one is quicker, the court is the legal way. file a complaint with CSEA administratively and if you are low enough income apply for Medicaid. The state will then start breathing down daddy's back to get the kid covered and charge daddy for the pleasure of being chased because daddy is not following the law.

CandiceH

IAAL-11 said:
My response:

Yeah, right. By the time that gets heard by the court, the kid will starve, and still be in a 3-year old cast with medical bills piled up on the kitchen table.

There's nothing like the speed that can be provided by a Louisville Slugger baseball bat across the knees to get your point across and to enforce an agreement.

IAAL
Depends on the county in NY IAAL - in MY county and the next one it takes less than a MONTH for enforcement of an order!( Modification for visitation can take less than a WEEK and that is without an emergency order!)

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

nubianmommi said:
Well, is there a reason for it? Did he lose his job? Is the child an adult now and not a full time college student? If he is still employed, send the order to the HR department of his employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">