• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex not reimbursing child care expense/avoiding to pay child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TryFaith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My ex is in the military and he is in and out of town. We have 50-50 custody but kids stay with me full-time when he's out of town per court order.

The court ordered him to pay me child support when he's out of town more then 30 days and reimburse me within 30 days of payment his portion of child care expenses that are paid by me. I provided invoice and the amount but he has not paid me or responded to my request to make reasonable arrangement and the last payment is 60 days past due.

Currently he is gone again but I just found out that he lied about the date he was leaving so kids stayed with his wife for a week while he was gone. This time around he would be gone for 30 days from the date he actually left so he may have lied to avoid paying the child support.

So my questions are:
1. How can I collect unpaid child care expense?
2. What action can I take if I could actually prove that he purposely failed to provide me accurate information about his departure/return?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My ex is in the military and he is in and out of town. We have 50-50 custody but kids stay with me full-time when he's out of town per court order.

The court ordered him to pay me child support when he's out of town more then 30 days and reimburse me within 30 days of payment his portion of child care expenses that are paid by me. I provided invoice and the amount but he has not paid me or responded to my request to make reasonable arrangement and the last payment is 60 days past due.

Currently he is gone again but I just found out that he lied about the date he was leaving so kids stayed with his wife for a week while he was gone. This time around he would be gone for 30 days from the date he actually left so he may have lied to avoid paying the child support.

So my questions are:
1. How can I collect unpaid child care expense?
2. What action can I take if I could actually prove that he purposely failed to provide me accurate information about his departure/return?
You file for contempt for both issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">