• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex in rehab, hearing on Tuesday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danawilson914

What is the name of your state?GA

I recently turned my child support over to Child Support Enforcement. A contempt hearing is scheduled for this Tuesday. He is over a year behind on payments, around $9000. A few days after I mailed in the paperwork (November), he was arrested for possesion of cocaine. He has been in rehab 2 times before, but I thought for pain killers. He was in jail for 6 weeks because his parents would not bail him out (he lives with his parents). They finally bailed him out in January. I filed for supervised visitation (with his parents as the supervisors) and he agreed to sign a consent. The papers were filed and a temporary hearing is scheduled for Feb 16. I picked up the consent from my lawyer Wednesday, and he agreed to be home today so that I could bring the papers to him to have him sign. I had arranged for a notary to meet me there. He also said Thursday that he was going to check himself into a rehab after the court hearings so that it would look better to the judge in his criminal case (not sure if that has an effect or not). That night he checked himself into the same rehab that he has been in 2 times before (with his parents footing the bill), so now I cannot have him sign the papers and I assume he will not be at the child support hearing on Tuesday. My question is what will happen Tuesday when he doesn't show up for the child support hearing? Are there privacy laws involving rehab? I am inclined to believe that he checked himself in to avoid the upcoming hearings. I contacted my lawyer since there are no notarys in the rehab and she said I would have to take a notary with me there to have him sign. I don't know if I am going to be able to do that, so I suppose I will just have to wait until the temporary hearing and go from there. I am going to talk to my lawyer again next week to see how she thinks we should handle the case, but I would like to know what will happen in court on Tuesday. I was unable to reach my case worker Friday because she was out all day.

Thanks!

king sol

Has he been served with the papers for the temp. hearing by either, third party, a process server, or to last know address (on court file)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">