• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is trying to pull a fast one!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasHelpNeeded

What is the name of your state? TX
I live in Ohio, though the Child Support Order is in Texas. I was just notified in the past few months by my ex's attorney in Texas that I owe 5 years of back childsupport. My ex has known where I have been for the past 3-5 years. He had never tried to serve me with childsupport papers before this time. Looking at the paper trail the court records show that his attorney back 5 years ago served the notice throught the local newspaper in Texas. I have been told lately that serving notice of child support through the newspaper is not legitimate and service must be made in person to be legal.

Can I get some help with this one?
Maybe get some ideas on how to fight this one. I am willing to pay child support from now til my child is 18.

VeronicaGia

TexasHelpNeeded said:
I live in Ohio, though the Child Support Order is in Texas. I was just notified in the past few months by my ex's attorney in Texas that I owe 5 years of back childsupport. My ex has known where I have been for the past 3-5 years. He had never tried to serve me with childsupport papers before this time. Looking at the paper trail the court records show that his attorney back 5 years ago served the notice throught the local newspaper in Texas. I have been told lately that serving notice of child support through the newspaper is not legitimate and service must be made in person to be legal.

Maybe get some ideas on how to fight this one. I am willing to pay child support from now til my child is 18.
TX can establish support for prior periods including back to the birth of the child.

Go here:
http://ocse3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=TX&CFID=366119&CFTOKEN=59894254

Read it all, especially Section I, Support Order Establishment.

Phnx02

TexasHelpNeeded said:

So just because you were never "ordered" to pay child support, you aren't responsible for providing for your child? Gee, sorry kid you lived on Mac & cheese for the last 5 years or even skipped a daily meal.....It's none of my concern unless I'm forced to buy.

Shay-Pari'e

TexasHelpNeeded said:
I live in Ohio, though the Child Support Order is in Texas. I was just notified in the past few months by my ex's attorney in Texas that I owe 5 years of back childsupport. My ex has known where I have been for the past 3-5 years. Gee Mom, apparently your children have not known where you were.

He had never tried to serve me with childsupport papers before this time. Do you know the children you produced? Five years? and all you are concerned about is if you have to pay support? I can't call you a lady!.

Looking at the paper trail the court records show that his attorney back 5 years ago served the notice throught the local newspaper in Texas. I have been told lately that serving notice of child support through the newspaper is not legitimate and service must be made in person to be legal.

Maybe get some ideas on how to fight this one.Your asking us how to tell you "HOW NOT" to pay support for the kids you gave birth to?

I am willing to pay child support from now til my child is 18. Isn't that special?. I'm sure your children will do jumping jacks hearing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
TexasHelpNeeded said:
I have been told lately that serving notice of child support through the newspaper is not legitimate and service must be made in person to be legal.
A: And who told you this? Was it a lawyer in TX?

TexasHelpNeeded said:
A: What are you trying to fight? Having to support your child for the past five years? You're not related to msdad, are you?

casa

TexasHelpNeeded said:

He knows where you have been for the last 3 TO 5 years? :rolleyes: You mean you're not so sure about the first 2 years? Well, apparently he wasn't either- so he served you the way he could legally which is through service in the paper after he'd exhausted other avenues.

You gave birth to children (I happen to know you can't forget THAT happening! :eek: ) Then you left the state and haven't seen them or sent support to them in all this time~ And you think the X is trying to "pull a fast one"? :eek:

Pay the support, it's the least you can do since you've already physically and emotionally abandoned your children. Maybe it's a good thing you are NOT in their lives? :cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
casa said:
You gave birth to children (I happen to know you can't forget THAT happening! :eek: )
Actually, there was a poster who claimed just that. I'll have to find the link 'cause it was just too damned funny to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">