• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex is trying to put money in trust fund and not give me any! can he do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heidiadkins

Ohio (only U.S. law)?

My ex just told me over the internet that he has money put away in a trust fund for our son but the money is for supporting him. I haven't seen a dime of this money. He would rather go to jail time and time again than pay the measly 70 bucks he owes! I tried to explain to him that we use the money for the things that his son needs like paying bills to insure the roof over our heads and such! and he don't believe me. I know that he lives in the same town and I am trying to get the sherriffs office after him. But that is not what gets me. He says he has money in a trust however, he has no job, no home, and now he says he has a lawyer! I don't understand this. I think he's trying to call my bluff but it's been set in stone. I wrote to my local csea and the sherriffs office! LOL the ball is in my court! What do yall think??????

Last edited by a moderator:

TinkerBelleLuvr

My ex just told me over the internet that he has money put away in a trust fund for our son but the money is for supporting him. I haven't seen a dime of this money. He would rather go to jail time and time again than pay the measly 70 bucks he owes! I tried to explain to him that we use the money for the things that his son needs like paying bills to insure the roof over our heads and such! and he don't believe me. I know that he lives in the same town and I am trying to get the sherriffs office after him. But that is not what gets me. He says he has money in a trust however, he has no job, no home, and now he says he has a lawyer! I don't understand this. I think he's trying to call my bluff but it's been set in stone. I wrote to my local csea and the sherriffs office! LOL the ball is in my court! What do yall think??????
First of all, please take your personal information OUT of your first post.

Secondly, is there a court order for child support?

mistoffolees

First of all, please take your personal information OUT of your first post.

Secondly, is there a court order for child support?
Third, where did the money come from that went into the trust? Was it his before the marriage, obtained during the marriage, or obtained after the marriage? What was the source?

Was this money addressed in the property division of your divorce?

PQN

Are you saying that ex has been ordered to pay $70 (a week? a month?) in child support and instead of paying the money to you, he is claiming that he is placing the money in a trust fund instead?

If I got that right, that is not going to fly in court. Work with CSEA to get the court-ordered child support paid to you, if he then wants to contribute additional money to a trust fund for his child, that'd be great ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">