• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wants support modified...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Explisit

Ohio

I got served papers today that my ex wife wants child support redone. During our divorce we deviated down to $100 a month due to splitting our daughter 50/50. Now she wants more money. Does the time we each share the child taken into consideration when they calculate the amount? I mean, if I had my child one day and every other weekend and I was ordered to pay $300 a month via the calculator...would a father that has the child as much as the mother have to pay the same $300 if the calculator says so?
I probably make double what she does, but I was also left with the marital home mortgage and she lives rent free. I carry insurance for our child as well.

Any advice is appreciated...thanks in advance.

I'mTheFather

Ohio

I got served papers today that my ex wife wants child support redone. During our divorce we deviated down to $100 a month due to splitting our daughter 50/50. Now she wants more money. Does the time we each share the child taken into consideration when they calculate the amount? I mean, if I had my child one day and every other weekend and I was ordered to pay $300 a month via the calculator...would a father that has the child as much as the mother have to pay the same $300 if the calculator says so?
I probably make double what she does, but I was also left with the marital home mortgage and she lives rent free. I carry insurance for our child as well.

Any advice is appreciated...thanks in advance.
$300???? That's what you calculated on the worksheet? AND you make twice what she does? Wow, isn't that the amount for a combined income of 30K or so?

I suspect the calculator you're using is faulty unless you're combined income is really 30K. You should google the Ohio child support worksheet and go from there. You should get a credit for the health insurance.

Consider yourself lucky that you've only been paying $100 thus far.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
the worksheet has information lines for deviation but there is a standard of proof required that it is in the child's best interest to deviate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">