• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife dodging child support payments by either dropping her hours or even her job!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joeynhia

What is the name of your state? Nevada
After 8 years of me taking full custody of my 3 kids, I finally get a child support visa debit card with $274.00. $135.00 taken out from each of her paychecks and the last was $4.00. Did she quit her job or lower her hours? How can I get in contact with IRS to take her rufund this year? Any suggestions what I can do? I filed approximately 6 months ago at the child support office letting them know that my ex has not paid for almost 3 years. I've had them for 8 years but filed 3 years ago and she has not paid 1 cent till now, now she most likey quit or something. My oldest is now 21 so I know that I am just getting for the 2. Please , any suggestions would help. Thanks

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Nevada
After 8 years of my recent wife and I taking full custody of my 3 kids, I finally get a child support visa debit card with $274.00. $135.00 taken out from each of her paychecks and the last was $4.00. Did she quit her job or lower her hours? How can I get in contact with IRS to take her rufund this year? Any suggestions what I can do? I filed approximately 6 months ago at the child support office letting them know that my ex has not paid for almost 3 years. I've had them for 8 years but filed 3 years ago and she has not paid 1 cent till now, now she most likey quit or something. My oldest is now 21 so I know that I am just getting for the 2. Please , any suggestions would help. Thanks
You and your current wife do not have custody. YOU have custody and your wife is a legal stranger. Watch using that kind of terminology because it can get you in hot water with the courts and court professionals.

Its too late this year to attach a tax refund. That has to happen by October of so in order for it to get into place. Plan for that for next year, but remember that not everyone gets a refund or files a tax return, therefore there is no guarantee that you will actually get anything.

Most likely she quit her job. That's pretty common with parents who are determined not to pay child support. You will just have to bug the CSE to keep after her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why does this guy have THREE threads in child support. ONE THREAD WOULD DO. OP combine your threads.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">