• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife lying about child support and going to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

destiny68

What is the name of your state? IL
At my divorce I agreed to $500.00 ($250.00 x 2 times a month) for 3 kids because my income was good. Then 4 1/2 yrs ago, I got a different job and lot lower income. My ex agreed to $90.00 a week for 2 kids (one turned 18). Then when the other one turned 18, I still paid the $90.00 for support (some for back arreage). Now, my ex is taking me to court for about $36,000. She wants my income and my NEW wifes income, taxes, retirement the whole kaboodle. She is saying I owe here $500.00 a month still. There was no documentation of this verbal agreement. All three children dropped out of school, and she is saying they graduated. The last child was in rehab a few times, and detention home a few times and I still paid child support even though the child was not living there. Now in April of 2006, she moved out of her mother's house and into her boyfriends. She was there for over 4-5 months and I did not pay support for a child that was not living at home. I think she is back home now, I don't know, I am not told anything. She was suppose to pay ALL co-payments on all medical bills, let me know when the insurance I was paying was going to be used and why, and she is suppose pay some of the bills (I am not quite sure howmuch); anyway, she has never called me to tell me anything and she has never paid the co-payments like she was suppose to. The kids racked up so many hospital bills I filed for bankrupcy in 2004. They are starting to pile up again. Is there anything I can do? I know I owe back child support but no way near that much, nowhere. Is there a law about kids dropping out of school and support ends? If anyone can help I would be most gracious, and 100,000,000,000,000,000 thank you's.

fairisfair

you have to file to have child support terminated. It is not the court's job to monitor your children's school attendance. you know what the court ordered you to pay, that is what you are to pay, you and your ex wife do not get to make agreements outside of court, at least not ones that will stand up in court. Why is it that everybody had to call to tell you everything, where is your responsibility in your children's lives?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">