• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wife refuses to pay half of childrens med bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robhil

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have 2 boys and me and my wife provide med ins. for they live half with me and half with there mother. After 7 years of working together with my ex wife and paying half of all med bills and any bill that has to do with my children my ex wife decided today to call and tell me a lawer told her she no longer had to pay half of the med bills. Is this a true fact that i have to cover all med bills and pay the insurance on them? We never had anything put in our divorce papers saying who had costady or anything like that it just said we will come to agreements with each other when it comes to our two boys...Please helpWhat is the name of your state?

HI

You should go back to court to modify the parenting agreement or put a new one into effect.

Technically she is right. there are no orders for her to pay. However...

File a motion to modify the custody agreement. You write in your motion that this has been the de facto situation(ongoing situation) where the mother and you have 50-50 joint physical and legal custody. write down all the details such as when custody changes hands, medical and dental to be split 50-50. Everything. Vacations, holidays, you name it.

For insurance both of you should be required to cover the children and pay all out of pocket expenses equally.

HTH

Bird Brain

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">