• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wifes attorney lied to ODJFS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I had a court date in sept. that was rescheduled due to the magistrate working with my ex wife. It has been almost a month since the original court date in sept. and I had not recieved any notification of when it had been rescheduled for. So I called the clerk of courts and she informed me that I needed to to call ODJFS. So I called ODJFS and no one there answers the phone. So I call my attorney, and talk to her secretary, to see if she has any information for me. My attorney's secretary looks up my file and tells me the date that its been rescheduled for. She then tells me that my ex wifes attorney called my attorney and informed her that the ODJFS attorney wants to dismiss my case. My attorney said she got off the phone with my ex wifes attorney and called the ODJFS attorney and asks him why he wanted to dismiss the case. The ODJFS attorney informs her that my ex wifes attorney was the one who called him (ODJFS attorney) and wanted the case dismissed. The ODJFS attorney told my attorney that he didnt think that I wanted it dismissed. My attorney told him no I did not want it dismissed.
My question is do I have any recourse against my ex wifes attorney for lieing to my attorney and trying to play my attorney against the ODJFS attorney?
OK, hopefully that is a little more clear.

Last edited:

Isis1

I had a court date in sept that was rescheduled due to the magistrate working with my ex wife. It had been almost a month and I had not recieved any notification of when it had been rescheduled. So I called the clerk of courts and she informed me that I needed to to call ODJFS. So I call them and no one answers the phone. So I call my attorney, and talk to her secretay, to see if she has any information for me. She looks up my file and tells me the date, ok so far. She then tells me that my ex wifes attorney called them and informed them that the ODJFS attorney wants to dismiss my case. She said she got off the phone with him and called the ODJFS attorney and asks him why he wanted to dismiss the case, he informs her that my ex wifes attorney was the one who called him and wanted the case dismissed. He said he didnt think that I wanted it dismissed. She told him no I did not want it dismissed.
My question is do I have any recourse against my ex wifes attorney for lieing to my attorney and trying to play my attorney against the ODJFS attorney?
i'm going to be honest. your lack of grammar and punctuation make it very difficult to decipher who said what about whom to whomever.

can you try that again?

mistoffolees

I had a court date in sept. that was rescheduled due to the magistrate working with my ex wife. It has been almost a month since the original court date in sept. and I had not recieved any notification of when it had been rescheduled for. So I called the clerk of courts and she informed me that I needed to to call ODJFS. So I called ODJFS and no one there answers the phone. So I call my attorney, and talk to her secretary, to see if she has any information for me. My attorney's secretary looks up my file and tells me the date that its been rescheduled for. She then tells me that my ex wifes attorney called my attorney and informed her that the ODJFS attorney wants to dismiss my case. My attorney said she got off the phone with my ex wifes attorney and called the ODJFS attorney and asks him why he wanted to dismiss the case. The ODJFS attorney informs her that my ex wifes attorney was the one who called him (ODJFS attorney) and wanted the case dismissed. The ODJFS attorney told my attorney that he didnt think that I wanted it dismissed. My attorney told him no I did not want it dismissed.
OK, hopefully that is a little more clear.
No, not really. First, there's nothing that you could possibly prove. Second, no harm was done.

You could go ahead and file a complaint with the State Bar, but I doubt if it will go anywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">