• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An ex working under the table.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomInPa

What is the name of your state? Pa.

Hello.I am a mom in Pennsylvania who is the Plaintiff in a child support case against my ex who lives in Florida. He hasn't been paying. He claims that he cannot work because of a work related injury at his previous job and filed for workers compensation. However during an investigation of that claim, he was found to be working at a construction site and getting paid under the table. Workers compensation has no intention of paying on that claim. He owes over $14,000 in support and hasn't paid anything in months. Is this fraud? And, What can I do as far as justice in my child support case? Thank you!

I really need your help.

Sincerely, MomInPa

N

nicetryadmin

MomInPa said:

Hello.I am a mom in Pennsylvania who is the Plaintiff in a child support case against my ex who lives in Florida. He hasn't been paying. He claims that he cannot work because of a work related injury at his previous job and filed for workers compensation. However during an investigation of that claim, he was found to be working at a construction site and getting paid under the table. Workers compensation has no intention of paying on that claim. He owes over $14,000 in support and hasn't paid anything in months. Is this fraud? And, What can I do as far as justice in my child support case? Thank you!

I really need your help.

Sincerely, MomInPa
What part about this do you believe is fraud again?

F

fireboat1

I suggest you edit your post. Ask about the child support arrears. Ex hubbys w/c problems are irrevelent here.

Gracie3787

MomInPa said:

I really need your help.

Sincerely, MomInPa
No fraud has been commited as far as the CS. However, from what you describe it sounds like he did commit WC fraud.

I don't know if your CS case is in Fl or Pa. but either way, if he isn't paying you can and should file a motion for contempt. You can then subpoena some of his WC records and prove to the court that he is capable of working. If you can do that, the court can impute income to him even though he's working under the table.

Is CSE involved in your case? If so, ask them to enforce the order, although you'll have to do some of thier work- such as getting the proof together.

If CSE isn't involved and the case is in Fl. you can find the form for civil contempt/enforcement at www.flcourts.org/

MomInPa

Gracie3787 said:
No fraud has been commited as far as the CS. However, from what you describe it sounds like he did commit WC fraud.

I don't know if your CS case is in Fl or Pa. but either way, if he isn't paying you can and should file a motion for contempt. You can then subpoena some of his WC records and prove to the court that he is capable of working. If you can do that, the court can impute income to him even though he's working under the table.

Is CSE involved in your case? If so, ask them to enforce the order, although you'll have to do some of thier work- such as getting the proof together.

If CSE isn't involved and the case is in Fl. you can find the form for civil contempt/enforcement at www.flcourts.org/

Hello Gracie. Thank you for replying. My case is here in Pennsylvania, and Florida is enforcing the order. Florida has said that they are under new regulations and have to start from scratch, beginning with sending out a deliquent notice to the defendant first. There IS proof he was working at this construction site during WC's own investigation. Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

Sincerely, MomInPa

MomInPa

bononos said:
Is or did he collect disability on top of WC?

Hello bononos. Thank you for replying. It is unknown if he collected disability, but WC has no intention of paying out on his claim. They caught him working during their own investigation.

Sincerely, MomInPa

bononos

MomInPa said:
Hello bononos. Thank you for replying. It is unknown if he collected disability, but WC has no intention of paying out on his claim. They caught him working during their own investigation.

Sincerely, MomInPa
I asked because at a support confrence I had, I mentioned an issue of medical billing ex caused by using our son to collect state assistance and insurance for himself.
Right there she typed in the computer and was able to access his state files.
If he tried to collect unemployment and was denied or was caught working while collecting it, maybe your state can access that info. also at the hearing.

I have the same type of ex as you, now he is working under the table and collecting unemployment.
Plus, when he did work, he still did other jobs under the table and never claimed any of that.
He's in drywall.

MomInPa

bononos said:
I asked because at a support confrence I had, I mentioned an issue of medical billing ex caused by using our son to collect state assistance and insurance for himself.
Right there she typed in the computer and was able to access his state files.
If he tried to collect unemployment and was denied or was caught working while collecting it, maybe your state can access that info. also at the hearing.

I have the same type of ex as you, now he is working under the table and collecting unemployment.
Plus, when he did work, he still did other jobs under the table and never claimed any of that.
He's in drywall.
Hello again bononos. I am sorry I wasn't able to post again sooner. I never know how soon anyone will post a reply, so I apologize. Thank you for the added info. It will come in good use. I recently learned my ex was collecting unemployment and has now filed for a decrease in child support. My hearing is on Monday. I spoke with workers compensation in Florida and have asked for their help. I am waiting for a call back. I also found out from the court that he has a new job now as of March 20th. I am really afraid of him being granted a decrease and hope they'll take into consideraton the contempt of the court order and working under the table while claiming he wasn't able to work. I can't beleive you have one of these losers as well. There MUST be something you can do! Can you report this to the unemployment office? Can't someone investigate it? I would think that the court would be interested in that and hold him in contempt as well. I sincerely hope you find justice. I mean, What do we have to do to be heard on this?! It's rediculous. I am glad I met someone who has something in common with me. Thank you for replying. I will be back in the morning. Sincerely, MomInPa

bononos

MomInPa said:
Hello again bononos. I am sorry I wasn't able to post again sooner. I never know how soon anyone will post a reply, so I apologize. Thank you for the added info. It will come in good use. I recently learned my ex was collecting unemployment and has now filed for a decrease in child support. My hearing is on Monday. I spoke with workers compensation in Florida and have asked for their help. I am waiting for a call back. I also found out from the court that he has a new job now as of March 20th. I am really afraid of him being granted a decrease and hope they'll take into consideraton the contempt of the court order and working under the table while claiming he wasn't able to work. I can't beleive you have one of these losers as well. There MUST be something you can do! Can you report this to the unemployment office? Can't someone investigate it? I would think that the court would be interested in that and hold him in contempt as well. I sincerely hope you find justice. I mean, What do we have to do to be heard on this?! It's rediculous. I am glad I met someone who has something in common with me. Thank you for replying. I will be back in the morning. Sincerely, MomInPa
I've reported him to the IRS and unemployment.
When he was collecting assistance, I reported it to them.
They don't contact me back as to any investigation or outcome.
The only light ahead I have is that when ex did work (even though he did earn more than he claimed) he was earning $16.00/hr. He was fired, and USUALLY, not always, being fired is considered a voluntarily reduction in income.
So, once my custody mod. is done, which the hearing has been moved but should be around the middle of May, I can file to mod. support.
I will be askeing his income be put at $16.00/hr since he was fired and he is capable of earning that and hasn't bothered to get new employment in 7 months. If he doesn't bother to try to get a job byt the time the custody is done and a hearing is set for CS, it will most likely be a year or more since he was employed.

Have you thought about doing your own PI work.
I've considered it.
But, not done it.
Go around clicking pictures of him working.
Have these pics. not only for CS, but send them out the the agencies he is screwing as anonymous evidence. (IRS or unemployment)

One issue of custody was ex filed contempt against me for enrolling our son in a preschool/daycare program. He agreed and provided 1/2 the first months tuition. Then, nothing the next month so I filed for CS to be changed to add the cost.
He waited 6 months after our son was in the program, 5 days before the CS hearing to file contempt. (we currently have joint legal and decisions)
Therefore, until the custody mod. and the contempt (these issue were consolidated together into one custody hearing) I have been footing the FULL bill. Son has been in the program now a year since he filed this contempt. That's how long the custody stuff is taking ( evaluation).

By the way, GOOD LUCK MONDAY!!!!!

BelizeBreeze

What's so bad about working under the table...

I do it all the time****************************.well, just my hands..but still :D

bononos

BelizeBreeze said:
What's so bad about working under the table...

I do it all the time****************************.well, just my hands..but still :D
Now that should be the TGIF quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MomInPa

bononos said:
I've reported him to the IRS and unemployment.
When he was collecting assistance, I reported it to them.
They don't contact me back as to any investigation or outcome.
The only light ahead I have is that when ex did work (even though he did earn more than he claimed) he was earning $16.00/hr. He was fired, and USUALLY, not always, being fired is considered a voluntarily reduction in income.
So, once my custody mod. is done, which the hearing has been moved but should be around the middle of May, I can file to mod. support.
I will be askeing his income be put at $16.00/hr since he was fired and he is capable of earning that and hasn't bothered to get new employment in 7 months. If he doesn't bother to try to get a job byt the time the custody is done and a hearing is set for CS, it will most likely be a year or more since he was employed.

Have you thought about doing your own PI work.
I've considered it.
But, not done it.
Go around clicking pictures of him working.
Have these pics. not only for CS, but send them out the the agencies he is screwing as anonymous evidence. (IRS or unemployment)

One issue of custody was ex filed contempt against me for enrolling our son in a preschool/daycare program. He agreed and provided 1/2 the first months tuition. Then, nothing the next month so I filed for CS to be changed to add the cost.
He waited 6 months after our son was in the program, 5 days before the CS hearing to file contempt. (we currently have joint legal and decisions)
Therefore, until the custody mod. and the contempt (these issue were consolidated together into one custody hearing) I have been footing the FULL bill. Son has been in the program now a year since he filed this contempt. That's how long the custody stuff is taking ( evaluation).

By the way, GOOD LUCK MONDAY!!!!!
Thank you bononos! I am going to need it. Sunday is my birthday too, so I am really needing a great gift! I didn't know that you could report that to the IRS, wow. It makes alot of sense though now that I think about it. I should do that. And I think I'll call the unemployment office as well. You can't dig the hole too deep. :D Since I am in Pa and he's in Florida, I can't take those pictures. And honestly, I don't want to see that loser anyway. I wish I could afford to have someone else do it, but hopefully workers compensation will help. I really hope so. I think I'll get the court to subpeona those records or do whatever I have to do to get it. I just can't let that go! I wish you all the best with your ex. And I really feel for you. Do you know how many times my ex has been "fired"? It's disgusting. I am truely blessed that he's not in our lives here. I'd go completely nuts. I wouldn't worry too much about your situation, as long as you always do the right thing. Things have a way of COMING AROUND. Say those prayers at night with your child and always have God on your side. He's always listening. They say that everything happens for a reason and for the better, so keep hoping for that and have FAITH. It can't happen any other way. Talk from your heart. Concentrate on your child's future and nothing else. The payoff is incredible! I wish you all the best. ;)

V

va445612

MomInPa said:
Thank you bononos! I am going to need it. Sunday is my birthday too, so I am really needing a great gift! I didn't know that you could report that to the IRS, wow. It makes alot of sense though now that I think about it. I should do that. And I think I'll call the unemployment office as well. You can't dig the hole too deep. :D Since I am in Pa and he's in Florida, I can't take those pictures. And honestly, I don't want to see that loser anyway. I wish I could afford to have someone else do it, but hopefully workers compensation will help. I really hope so. I think I'll get the court to subpeona those records or do whatever I have to do to get it. I just can't let that go! I wish you all the best with your ex. And I really feel for you. Do you know how many times my ex has been "fired"? It's disgusting. I am truely blessed that he's not in our lives here. I'd go completely nuts. I wouldn't worry too much about your situation, as long as you always do the right thing. Things have a way of COMING AROUND. Say those prayers at night with your child and always have God on your side. He's always listening. They say that everything happens for a reason and for the better, so keep hoping for that and have FAITH. It can't happen any other way. Talk from your heart. Concentrate on your child's future and nothing else. The payoff is incredible! I wish you all the best. ;)
Have fun with your EX, I am sure he is way slicker than you. No wonder he got rid of you!!

MomInPa

va445612 said:
Have fun with your EX, I am sure he is way slicker than you. No wonder he got rid of you!!
Excuse me, Are you STILL here? Shouldn't you be out working or getting ready for your big date with Bubba tonight? And you got it all wrong loser. When I tried leaving HIM, he threatened to kill me. He's another insecure loser like YOU. Run off now. Find a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">