• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exhusband owes back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeii

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My ex husband owes $22,000.00 in back support so I put a lean on his house so if he sells it I will get the back support. He also got married 5 yrs ago. Because of the lean on his house he did a quick-claim deed to his new wife where he gave it to her for $10.00 dollars.Is there anything I can do to get that voided or any other advice would be helpfull.What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The lien is still on the house. A quit claim deed does NOT get rid of liens. The liens transfer with the house.

mikeii

Thank You

Ohiogal said:
The lien is still on the house. A quit claim deed does NOT get rid of liens. The liens transfer with the house.
I made a mistake on my information. I should of wrote this.
Obligor has a judgment against him in the amount of $22,000.00 for back child support. Two months after the judgment was recorded, the obligor, a home owner, completed a quick-claim deed transferring ownership of his home to his wife. The wife then refinanced the home, twice, taking a total amount of equity out of the home equaling $75,000.00. Neither obligor nor his wife made any payments towards the judgment. Question, is the home still considered community property? Am I able to place a lien on the property for the judgment amount? If so how would I go about that? Any help on this would be helpful.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Then you have a problem. You have a judgment and not a lien? You probably cannot put a lien on the house without a lot more work.

nextwife

Ohiogal said:
Then you have a problem. You have a judgment and not a lien? You probably cannot put a lien on the house without a lot more work.
Did you docket the judgement? Is there actually a lien? Have YOU double checked the Register of Deeds postings in the county in which the real estate sits to be certain the lien appears of record against his legal description/name in a search there?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">