• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's Bank Levy on Child Support...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UMgoblue

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas

I am currently involed in a case where my ex-husband owes some $10,000 in child support arrearage. His bank account was levied and the process has started. This was started on December 15th, 2004. I know that the Attorney General's office has a ton of cases, but I can't seem to get anyone on the telphone who knows what they are talking about (which is frustrating within itself!) No one can tell me what they "bank levy" procedure is. How does it work? Are there laws about time restrictions? How long does a bank levy usually take? All of my questions get brushed off with a simple "call back in three to four business days, we can tell you something then possibly." What is going on? Someone please just give me a typical situation! PLEASE!!!

Thanks,
Lost in Texas!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">