• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra Working Adult in Ex's House Now and Is also Underemployed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgthulka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex-wife get's child support for two children.

1) She is a nurse. She works as a secretary. She only makes half what she was making. This was the case during the divorce. The judge seemed
not to take this into account.

2) Her adult daughter, not my kid. Is 20 years old. Goes to college on and off but works at McDonalds. Not sure if part time or full time.

I got a letter letting me know it's been 36 months and time for a review. I read it and it seems it's up to her to call for a review.

I guess my question is, what are my odd's at getting the amount lowered due to the above two points?

Is this something I should hire an attorney for? Any advice.

Silverplum

1) She is a nurse. She works as a secretary. She only makes half what she was making. This was the case during the divorce. The judge seemed

2) Her adult daughter, not my kid. Is 20 years old. Goes to college on and off but works at McDonalds. Not sure if part time or full time.

I got a letter letting me know it's been 36 months and time for a review. I read it and it seems it's up to her to call for a review.

I guess my question is, what are my odd's at getting the amount lowered due to the above two points?

I wouldn't hire an attorney for child support: it's just math and guidelines.

Your ex IS a secretary, not a nurse, and has been for years: non-issue. Her oldest has nothing to do with anything: non-issue. You aren't really expecting your former stepchild to pay for your children, are you? No, you are not.

The time to get imputed income would have been during the original order, or appeal or reconsideration of that order. After three plus years it is water under the bridge. Most people would not intentionally make much less income in order to collect a much smaller amount of additional child support.

NellieBly

Why do you want your children to have a lower standard of living?

SESmama

You won't get the amount t lowered due to the 2 points you listed but if either income of yours or your ex's is different than 3 years ago the amount could change...

Up or down

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">