• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extradition for child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zcc6467

Extradition for Child Support?

:confused: What is the name of your state? Georgia

After partial payment on child support arrears; he was released and signed an agreement/order. It specifically states in order that should defendant fail to make pmt for 4 consecutive weeks; I am to write an affidavit - send it to county sheriff who is to get warrant/pick-up order for ex. Further it specifically states that ex may be picked up for contempt due to nonpmt at any address in any state and the local law enforcement in any state in which ex resides may pick him up on this warrant. Further any extradition rights are waived. Plaintiff, Defendant, and Judge signed and order was then filed. My attorney filed it. Iss this still legal? My sis-in-law has had her ex picked up 3 times so far like this; but has not tried out-of-state yet.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">