+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004

    Cool Extradition for Child Support?

    What is the name of your state? Georgia

    After partial payment on child support arrears; he was released and signed an agreement/order. It specifically states in order that should defendant fail to make pmt for 4 consecutive weeks; I am to write an affidavit - send it to county sheriff who is to get warrant/pick-up order for ex. Further it specifically states that ex may be picked up for contempt due to nonpmt at any address in any state and the local law enforcement in any state in which ex resides may pick him up on this warrant. Further any extradition rights are waived. Plaintiff, Defendant, and Judge signed and order was then filed. My attorney filed it. Iss this still legal? My sis-in-law has had her ex picked up 3 times so far like this; but has not tried out-of-state yet.


    Last edited by zcc6467; 12-20-2004 at 08:33 PM. Reason: NO REPLIES
+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Child support extradition
    By trblem8r in forum Child Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 10:07 AM
  2. extradition for child support
    By sweetpea61 in forum Arrests, Searches, Warrants & Procedure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
  3. Extradition Child Support Case
    By Zoie_Amor in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
  4. extradition on a back pay support
    By pmetro in forum Child Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 08:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.