• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition over child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sauen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa. My fiancée was taken into custody when a trafic violation lead to a warrant for child support being found in Kentucky. He is being held on a no bond extradition warrant. What steps do we take now. He does not wanna go back to Kentucky. Will they still come get him? I'm new to all this so have no idea how to help him

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa. My fiancée was taken into custody when a trafic violation lead to a warrant for child support being found in Kentucky. He is being held on a no bond extradition warrant. What steps do we take now. He does not wanna go back to Kentucky. Will they still come get him? I'm new to all this so have no idea how to help him
If KY I going to extradite him, yes. Apparently he is a really big deadbeat that they would extradite. how much does he owe? Why would you be with a pathetic deadbeat?

justalayman

it appears given he is held on a no bond extradition warrant much of your answers are obvious. From that alone I would say yes, they will come get him. Whether he wants to go back to Kentucky doesn't matter at this point.

Of course he can try to fight extradition. Chances are he won't win the battle but there is always a chance.

If he doesn't fight it or loses the fight, as long as Kentucky is willing, he's going back to Kentucky. What happens there is going to depend on how much he owes and what the judge does as the judge has many options in such cases.

the only help you can be is a source of lots of money to either pay for an attorney or pay whatever child support the court demands before releasing him.

Now, of course this is not taking into consideration failure to pay child support can become a criminal matter after a point. If it is a criminal matter, he will want an attorney to represent him. Again, your help would be limited to throwing money at the situation.

Proserpina

Non-legal advice:

Run from this man. He has no problem not supporting his children, and he has no respect for the laws of this country. His respect for you will probably be far, far less and heaven help you if you've actually got children together; he'll dump them too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">