• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extraordinary medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

becky9

What is the name of your state? Washington
"The Obligor(my ex) shall pay 45% of extraordinary health care expenses if monthly medical expenses exceed $25.30" - this is from my court order
What does this mean?
I have a huge deductible with my insurance, my ex is refusing to help me pay even though he doesn't carry insurance on our child like he is supposed to. Does the above mean that if the medical bills exceed $25.30 a month that he has to pay 45%? He says that he doesn't have to because it is a deductible and not a non covered expense. Help!

Silverplum

becky9 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
"The Obligor(my ex) shall pay 45% of extraordinary health care expenses if monthly medical expenses exceed $25.30" - this is from my court order
What does this mean?
I have a huge deductible with my insurance, my ex is refusing to help me pay even though he doesn't carry insurance on our child like he is supposed to. Does the above mean that if the medical bills exceed $25.30 a month that he has to pay 45%? He says that he doesn't have to because it is a deductible and not a non covered expense. Help!
I'm not in WA, but here's a good link for starters:
http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/WA/StateSubTopics.cfm/County/ /City/ /demoMode/= 1/Language/1/State/WA/TextOnly/N/ZipCode/ /LoggedIn/0/iTopicID/862/sTopicImage/familyjuvenile.gif/bAllState/0

If I would take a stab at answering your question, I'd say that "extraordinary medical" means outside of copays and deductibles and premiums.

I'd also tell you to go to court and either get him sanctioned for not carrying insurance as ordered, and/or to get CS credit for yourself for carrying it.

I have no idea. I would assume that it means any amount AFTER the deductible... but it could be anything. Did the judge who ordered this know you had a deductible, or did he think you had copays?

MrsK

It is most likely expenses NOT related to copays and deductibles. Until you get your order reworded, it doesnt look like you will be getting him to help pay for copays/deductibles and he only will owe the 45% of anything left after those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">