• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fair terms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

preeves

What is the name of your state? Mississippi. My Ex and I share equal visitation. I have our son for a week then she has him for a week. We share day care expenses but I provide all medical insurance as well as life coverage. Is it fair that I pay her a monthly payment when after the dust settled we have equal visitation and I have more expenses.

Zephyr

if the state has run the numbers according to their calculator and still have you paying mom then the state thinks it's fair**************

so is this order through the state?

MrsK

It depends on your income. How much do you make v how much does she make?

And, is this a court order or an agreement the two of you have?

preeves

Zephyr said:
if the state has run the numbers according to their calculator and still have you paying mom then the state thinks it's fair**************

so is this order through the state?
yes, However she makes more in income than me.

NotSoNew

this situation is actually a perfect example of one of the things wrong with the system. mom and dad have equal time, split all other child related expenses, mom makes MORE then dad but dad has to pay mom simply because mom has the title of CP? how is that fair to the child and the childs standard of living?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">