• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Credit Reporting by CSS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1man4son

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have a son who was moved to California by his mother while we are in court in Georgia. The Orange County CSS claimed I was arrears in Child Support. I was always ahead of time and sent them all reciepts. They still put a bad entry to my credit report. They also claimed jurisdiction which doesn't seem right according to the US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children & Family FAQ which state:

"My child's other parent has moved to another State. Which State will enforce the child support order?

Your state will continue to enforce the order. As long as one party to the order (mother, father, child) still lives in the original state, that state has jurisdiction. Many of the major enforcement tools work across state lines. However, staff in your state Child Support Office may ask the other state for help with enforcement. Enforcement techniques such as license revocation and State income tax refund offset are best carried out by the State where the other parent lives. For specific information check with the state: "

The actions from OC CSS stopped me from looking for a new house for my wife and our daughter because they attacked my credit. The FTC said it is illeagle to file false reports. How can they break the law and my family suffers?

Does anyone have any ideas?

king sol

Child Support Services sends data to credit agencies every October(ish). You should have received a letter explaining this. The letter provides direction for those who disagree with amount of child support arrearage. You will nedd to request an "accounting." There is a time limit of 90 days from receipt of letter. If you did not receive such a letter, still request an accounting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">