• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father of 3

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hannah8844

:confused: I am a father of three. I pay support on all three of my children and have medical coverage for them thru the army, as I am in the Army. My oldest is with his mother in Ohio. I have a court order to pay child support on him thru the state of SC. I need to have the amount I pay adjusted. It is an outragous amount of money and its more than what I pay for my other two combined. Child support alone is taking over half my take home pay. My question is do I need to get a lawyer in SC where the order is in effect now or in Ohio where she and my son live now. I am stationed in Hawaii in the Army. Also is there any free legal for a non-custodial parent as I dont have much money after paying support every month. Or is there discounted or lawyers who will take payments. I have already tried the LAMp program for military and have had no luck and JAG does not handle family matters. THank you so much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

:confused: I am a father of three. I pay support on all three of my children and have medical coverage for them thru the army, as I am in the Army. My oldest is with his mother in Ohio. I have a court order to pay child support on him thru the state of SC. I need to have the amount I pay adjusted. It is an outragous amount of money and its more than what I pay for my other two combined. Child support alone is taking over half my take home pay. My question is do I need to get a lawyer in SC where the order is in effect now or in Ohio where she and my son live now. I am stationed in Hawaii in the Army. Also is there any free legal for a non-custodial parent as I dont have much money after paying support every month. Or is there discounted or lawyers who will take payments. I have already tried the LAMp program for military and have had no luck and JAG does not handle family matters. THank you so much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What would be the basis of the modification?

Hannah8844

Hannah is my wife. She is helping me with this and using her email. I dont need bashing or bs. I am looking for honest help. When the order was first issued he was my only child. I now have two more. The order was also based on my income then and it was alot more. I received a bonus that year in the military and they based my annual income with it included. I make about half of what it was based on. To put in perspective, I pay $450 a month for my two youngest together based on my pay now. It comes out to around $50 per week per child. I am paying $625 a month for my eldest son. Which is about $150 per week. This is the one Im trying to get adjusted.

mistoffolees

You can ask for a review of your SC child support:
South Carolina Child Support
"Either parent can force child support to be reviewed at any time, but change will occur only if the recalculation results in a change in the calculated support amount of 10% or more. The way to force the modification is to file a Petition to Modify, which requires payment of the filing fee applicable in the county where the petition is filed."

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hannah is my wife. She is helping me with this and using her email. I dont need bashing or bs. I am looking for honest help. When the order was first issued he was my only child. I now have two more. The order was also based on my income then and it was alot more. I received a bonus that year in the military and they based my annual income with it included. I make about half of what it was based on. To put in perspective, I pay $450 a month for my two youngest together based on my pay now. It comes out to around $50 per week per child. I am paying $625 a month for my eldest son. Which is about $150 per week. This is the one Im trying to get adjusted.
Subsequent CS orders are usually figured on what's left after the first CS is taken out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">