• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father a dead beat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NJA8028

What is the name of your state? IN

Ok here it goes Dad live in another state MN and I have full custody of our 6 year old son he has not seen him since july and the last time he has talked to him was in Oct. the only reason for that contact was my mother had pased away at the young age of 46 I informed him ( thank you for you concirn) " but dont make this the only reason you are calling your son would like to talk to you more offten I have no phone number for you or address to send you copys of school work or any thing" he replied oh I will call once a week and I have not once recived a phone call from him no X-mass gifts or birthday card or any thing he is paying suport but do i have any right to refuse visitation???? Mind you his mother by court order has to be there for any visataion he has with him and she is in yet aonther state SD :eek:

ryo

Why would you want to refuse visitation? To punish him for not phoning enough? You said your child, "would like to talk to him more often", why punish your son too? If it's court ordered visitation you'd be in contempt of court if you denied his allocated visitation

djohnson

No for the correct answer.

If if says specifically his mother has to be there, then she has to be there or you can refuse. He can petition to have supervised by someone else or if it just says supervised then it could be someone else. You legally have to abide by what the order says.

To the person from the UK on a US website giving wrong answers, stop. There would be a reason for supervised visits to be ordered and it should be adhered to. Talking and having a relationship with your child can still be done, but done legally with the visitation.

ryo

She didn't say anything about refusing visitation if the mother was not present. One would assume that should he turn up at the allocated time with his mother, it would not be a wise idea to refuse visitation. It's hard to make sense of things when people don't use punctuation :p

djohnson

......thing he is paying suport but do i have any right to refuse visitation???? Mind you his mother by court order has to be there for any visataion he has with him and she is in yet aonther state SD

Not sure how you could miss the last sentence. It is a complete sentence. How could you misunderstand that? Try not answering unless you completely understand and know the answer.

ryo

Where does it say "Can I refuse visitation if he does not bring his mother"? They wrote "can I refuse visitation", then stated that the mother must be there. Anyway this is a pointless argument (over a vague post) and I'm sure you'll agree that she cannot refuse visitation as long as he adheres to the court order of having his mother present.

ryo

Why should I find a UK site? I'm involved in a situation involving family law in America, and as such doing a lot of reading on an American law forum. Why would I be interested in UK law? Please don't make assumptions, and don't be an ass for the sake of it ;)
Anyway enough thread hijacking, the poster has their answer.

djohnson

Reading up on it doesn't make you knowledgable enough to answer legally, obviously. :rolleyes:
Read all you want but don't answer incorrectly. Someone could get really messed up taking your advice, is that what you want?

If you think being an ass is trying to help someone with correct answers, then I'll gladly be an ass. :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You cannot deny visitation for failure to pay support or failure to call more often or failure to send presents or cards. As long as HE is complying with what the court has ordered for visitation, then he is entitled to it. You don't get to choose what other conditions to impose. Only the judge can do so through a modification.

Punctuation Police

Good God --- will you learn what freaking punctuation is??? Look into learning to spell as well.

Your post is one big sentence with zero punctuation and misspelling. If you want help, how about constructing a readable sentence. :mad: :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">