• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father refuses to show up for paternity test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Txsweetheart81

What is the name of your state?Washington
here is my problem me and my ex boyfriend are both in the navy I am currently on baby leave. I called him while he was inport letting him know I had our little girl. He asked if I wanted him to take a paternity test for child support I said yes and we made plans to take the test on the same day so he could see his daughter for the first time. He didn't show up for the test I recieved a call a few days later from him stating that he went later that afternoon. Like an idiot I believed him. Not even a week later the DNA testing center called me to ask if I knew how to get a hold of him because he never showed up!! I emailed him because he went out to sea and won't return till sept 16th he swears he took the test but refusing to call the 1800 number for the testing center to confirm. I don't think he took the test. What can I do to get him ordered to take the test? I know Katie is his's because of the time frame and the fact I am A+ and he is o+ and so is our daughter. HELP!!! I am considering contacting an attorney but as an E-3 I don't make that much definitly not enough to pay for all the fees and court costs. :eek:

nextwife

Txsweetheart81 said:
I know Katie is his's because of the time frame and the fact I am A+ and he is o+ and so is our daughter.
So there IS a possibility she's NOT his? If there was someone else, how do you know HE may not also be O+? More people are O+ than any other type.

Last edited:
T

tigger2two

You can talk to his command. Alot of times in these situations they will help. My aunt's ex husband was navy. He payed support for years then started denying my cousin after he got himself a new girlfriend. So my ex called his command and they ordered a DNA test to be taken at the Naval Hospital. Try that.

VeronicaGia

Txsweetheart81 said:
What is the name of your state?Washington
here is my problem me and my ex boyfriend are both in the navy I am currently on baby leave. I called him while he was inport letting him know I had our little girl. He asked if I wanted him to take a paternity test for child support I said yes and we made plans to take the test on the same day so he could see his daughter for the first time. He didn't show up for the test I recieved a call a few days later from him stating that he went later that afternoon. Like an idiot I believed him. Not even a week later the DNA testing center called me to ask if I knew how to get a hold of him because he never showed up!! I emailed him because he went out to sea and won't return till sept 16th he swears he took the test but refusing to call the 1800 number for the testing center to confirm. I don't think he took the test. What can I do to get him ordered to take the test? I know Katie is his's because of the time frame and the fact I am A+ and he is o+ and so is our daughter. HELP!!! I am considering contacting an attorney but as an E-3 I don't make that much definitly not enough to pay for all the fees and court costs. :eek:
Get a court order for a DNA test. If he fails to show up, make sure he knows he will be found the father by default and will have to pay support accordingly.

kat1963

I agree, it seems you are going to need a court order. Contact your local child support office. Just because he's an O doesn't mean that he's necessarily the father. The biological father could be an A or even a B & you can still get an O +/- blood type. If the test is already paid for, maybe it would be easier to exclude any other potential fathers first?
KAT

nextwife

Thanks Kat. That's why I asked. If it is at all possible there may be a different dad, why not check them out as well? His being O+ is no guaranty, if there was anyone else (which is implied in your post), that he IS dad. If he may not be, shouldn't any others also be tested?

T

Txsweetheart81

thank you

I know there is no other possibility the hospital said she was concieved in oct which was when I was still engaged to Brian. I didn't even know I was pregnant till March no signs what so ever and at that time me and my current boyfriend thought it was his because the blood test said I was only 5-6 weeks but later in may when I had the ultra sound I was confirmed at 30 weeks which automatically excluded the current boyfriend. I never slept around and in the past 3.5 years I have only been with 2 people. My ex and the current. Brian said he knows it is his. Would it be wise to contact Navy legal? how long should I give him to contact the agency is a week not fair? GEEZ this sucks. How do I get a court ordered DNA test? Never being in this situation before this is so confusing and I am clueless on what to do or how to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">