+ Reply to Thread
    curiousjb is offline Junior Member

Is father responsible for buying clothes to keep at his house for the child?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousjb View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
    Yes...

But is that the hill you want to die on?
    I just wanted to know if he should be providing her clothing to keep at his house. He is refusing to buy clothes for her. He has her 2 nights per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigner View Post
    Yes...

But is that the hill you want to die on?
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to know if he should be providing her clothing to keep at his house. He is refusing to buy clothes for her. He has her 2 nights per week.
    will the child die if the same clothes are worn two days in a row?
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    What is the reason that you do not feel that you should send clothing with your daughter when she visits her father?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie3787 View Post
    What is the reason that you do not feel that you should send clothing with your daughter when she visits her father?
    I wasn't sure what the responibility is for each parent. For instance, when he deicided to take on the responsibility of having her 2 nights a week, I assumed that he was to provide her with the things that were needed there (food, toiletries, things to do....etc.) I did not know that clothes were the exception. It would eliminate having to continuously pack things up every time she goes there. I just recently had to buy her clothes for home here and I am on a tight budget. Am I responsible for providing clothes to keep there? I just wanted to know the guidelines.
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    There are no guidelines.. does he pay child support?

You can get her cloths at the thrift store and send those. then when she comes home in dirty cloths, just clean them and send them back. Its hard I know but try to keep perspective.

Plus, its nice to pack a bag for your child when spending time away from home. Send thrift store stuff for emergencies.
    Last edited by Banned_Princess; 12-21-2009 at 01:58 AM.
    l_x
    l_x is offline Member
    You could pack the clothes and ask him to return them when he drop her off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banned_Princess View Post
    There are no guidelines.. does he pay child support?

You can get her cloths at the thrift store and send those. then when she comes home in dirty cloths, just clean them and send them back. Its hard I know but try to keep perspective.

Plus, its nice to pack a bag for your child when spending time away from home. Send thrift store stuff for emergencies.
    Yes, he does pay child support (not alot, but yes). Thank you for your advice
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Frankly, this is very petty. Yeesh.
    CourtClerk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banned_Princess View Post
    There are no guidelines..
    I'd be very careful to say that about CA. What the OP needs to do is go back and read the order. If the courts fill in the box judgment was used, there is a spot on there that addresses that very issue.

But even if he's not, do you really want to have this silly little argument? And stop quivelling about the low child support. If you wanted a large sum of child support every month, you should have picked someone that makes more money.
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't sure what the responibility is for each parent. For instance, when he deicided to take on the responsibility of having her 2 nights a week, I assumed that he was to provide her with the things that were needed there (food, toiletries, things to do....etc.) I did not know that clothes were the exception. It would eliminate having to continuously pack things up every time she goes there. I just recently had to buy her clothes for home here and I am on a tight budget. Am I responsible for providing clothes to keep there? I just wanted to know the guidelines.
    Unless your court order addresses clothing as CourtClerk suggested, you should just pack a few clothes for her and ask that they be returned when she comes back.

When my son would visit his Dad I would always pack clothes for him, we even bought a special suitcse that we called his "Dad bag", and it was only used for visiting Dad. That way it made the visits seem more special for my son. I also used to send his toothbrush and toothpaste, even though I knew I wasn't required to.

Basically what it comes down to is doing everything you can to make the visits enjoyable for your daughter.
    Radia is offline Member
    Depends on your order.

My order states that he is responsible for providing for the kids during their visits. I did however send clothes with them because he saw them so rarely (summer, winter) that they usually outgrew their clothes quickly and it seemed silly to have them buy new clothes for every visit. Although they usually did, and sent them home with them too. (Yay for new clothes)

However on a weekly basis such as yours, I think it would be easier for both parents to have clothes available. This is about the child and making life easier on them rather than petty fighting.

I would consult your order and then talk to the other parent and try some effective co parenting to the benefit of the child.