• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father wants to get up all rights and obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

booreajay

from oklahoma hi, heres my problem i havent seen my kids in ten years the state of iowa has been making me pay i have three kids one never seen born i cheated on my wife i was young thats no excuse to lie and state i beat my kids i never did this ever i dont even know where they are never heard or seen them in ten years my point is iam still married to this woman and paying child support is there a law in iowa that allows a father to give up all rights her attorney wants me to have no rights as a father but they want me to keep paying on kids i ll never see this is wrong where is the law there taking her side please will someone please help me ive never been arrested yes iam poor i cant understand this also there saying that she has no man in her life come on after ten years whos leg are they pulling yep you guess it mine please please help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless she has someone willing to adopt the kids, it's unlikely that you'll be able to give up your rights. Why haven't you seen them in 10 years? What's the rest of the story?

booreajay

she has hide them from me

the story is i cheated on her i was young but i never new the hate she has for me i know i was wrong but why take my kids from me she also cheated but theres the kids whos hurting ive always have paid child support still doing it i want to be with my kids not a day goes by i havent try to find them there is a law in iowa that allows a father to give up his right only if the mother agrees on this but why cant i see my babys why what did i do that was so wrong

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">