• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father wants to modify support amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gemini1970

AZ.
I might be representing myself this time and need some advice. Father wants to modify/decrease child support after just four months ago agreeing to his current amount. In our last conference where child support was originally calculated he did not bring his bank or credit card statements, only his tax returns. The court documents said he was to bring that information to the conference yet noone said anything when he didn't.
This time bank statements and credit card statements are not on the list of documents he is supposed to provide but I want him to provide this information. If I am representing myself is there anyway that I can require him to bring the info. to the conference and hearing?

gemini1970

ok, I looked up what that means and that's exactly what I need to do. how do I go about trying that??
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gemini1970 said:
ok, I looked up what that means and that's exactly what I need to do. how do I go about trying that??
Thanks for your help
Okay we don't give step by step instructions. You were told what you can do. NOw as for what form you need to fill out, we dont' tell you that. Your local rules will tell you how to do that. YOu need to read them. If you cannot or do not know the local rules then you really need to hire an attorney.

GrowUp!

gemini1970 said:
AZ.
I might be representing myself this time and need some advice. Father wants to modify/decrease child support after just four months ago agreeing to his current amount. In our last conference where child support was originally calculated he did not bring his bank or credit card statements, only his tax returns. The court documents said he was to bring that information to the conference yet noone said anything when he didn't.
This time bank statements and credit card statements are not on the list of documents he is supposed to provide but I want him to provide this information. If I am representing myself is there anyway that I can require him to bring the info. to the conference and hearing?
What exactly are you trying to prove with credit card statements? Credit cards aren't recurring income and overall irrelevant to the calculation of child support. Bank statements aren't recurring income either (unless you have reason to believe he's hiding supplemental income).

GrowUp!

Ohiogal said:
Okay we don't give step by step instructions. You were told what you can do. NOw as for what form you need to fill out, we dont' tell you that. Your local rules will tell you how to do that. YOu need to read them. If you cannot or do not know the local rules then you really need to hire an attorney.
Standing by for mean response! LOL :p

gemini1970

Yes, I do believe he is hiding supplemental income.
I do not know the local rules. I live in a state very far from where my case is.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gemini1970 said:
Yes, I do believe he is hiding supplemental income.
I do not know the local rules. I live in a state very far from where my case is.
That is not an excuse. You are EXPECTED to know what the local rules are if you are pro se. You are expected to know what the state's rules of civil procedure are. You are expected to know what the laws are. You are expected to conduct yourself as you would if you had counsel or were counsel. That is the hard cold truth of being pro se. Contact the court house where the case is and ask if their local rules are on-line. Then start learning them. And good luck.

GrowUp!

gemini1970 said:
What's up with that last post? Is that that I am always liable guy??
That post was someone else's, how strange.
Dont mind Moronmother...she's just bitter because she shares true 50/50 parenting time with the Father and she doesn't get any child support because of it. It's "mothers" like her that need a serious wake-up call.

gemini1970

I need help on where to get information about the law. I am trying to figure out how to subpoena the x's bank statements. I have read everything I can find about the maricopa court system and how to file papers but haven't found any information. Anyone know how to get a subpoena?

fairisfair

gemini1970 said:
I need help on where to get information about the law. I am trying to figure out how to subpoena the x's bank statements. I have read everything I can find about the maricopa court system and how to file papers but haven't found any information. Anyone know how to get a subpoena?
In AZ you might have better luck looking for a Motion to Compel Discovery

I will see what I can find for you too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">