• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eme76

life...liberty...and something about happiness:confused:

sorry... i think more info will be needed to assist you...and i think i need to go to bed

ceara19

thankyou said:
once paternity and child support are established what are a fathers rights?
Other then the right to be named the child's father and to pay child support, he has NO other rights until he ASKS for them. W/O more information, like what kind of rights does he WANT and/or EXPECT, nobody can really give you a useful answer to your question.

N

nicetryadmin

thankyou said:
Umm...the right to be called "Dad"? Just taking a guess here...

Gracie3787

thankyou said:
The father has the legal right to:

File with the court to establish/modify custody, visitation and CS.

Be an intregal part of his child's life according to whatever the court orders for custody/visitation say.

The father also has the legal right to choose to not be a part of his child's life.

Once CS has been ordered the father does NOT have the legal right to withold CS for any reason.

Along with the other responses, I hope this helps.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">